Friday, July 27, 2018

Jessica Aguirre Still as Graceful As Ever on NBC Bay Area Despite Her Lame Duck Status; Veteran Bay Area Anchor Lights Up Newscast; Classy and Elegant; 415 Media Friday Notice


Related image
Jessica Aguirre
IT CONFOUNDS ME STILL...I regard Jessica Aguirre as a classy, smart, news anchor with star status; that's saying a lot, I gather that, but when I watch her anchor the news on NBC Bay Area (KNTV) she adds a lot of allure to the newscast and her style, even from her KGO days, is something very refined and elegant. Unique too; in today's biz, that's saying a lot.

Which only further makes it maddening that the suits in San Jose have not extended Aguirre who is working without a contract (since March) A lame duck.

Aguirre is still mighty, mighty on the air and the contract (or lack of one) certainly hasn't affected her news reading. She's still dynamic and she can still light up the screen.

I mean that respectfully in every sense of the word because inevitably I'll be accused by some as being a male chauvinist pig because I have the audacity of saying how beautiful it is to watch an anchor like Aguirre.

OK, so sue me.

Aguirre has a huge following, particularly women of the PTA crowd and her feedback is mostly all positive. She is supposedly fretting the lack of commitment from NBC in San Jose; why is that guys? Is it because of her age? Jess is 55. That's considered "old" in the TV News business but only for women; men seem immune to that situation; gees I wonder why.

55 was old about twenty years ago; today, it might as well be 35. Different era.

Image result for jessica aguirre facebookI would hope that KNTV would do the right thing and extend Jessica Aguirre another few years at least (with a mutual option) because I believe she's still got it. A lot of it too. And not just her news acumen but a whole lot more.

And I believe I'm not alone in that assessment.

6 comments:

  1. I love Jessica. I worked with her at KGO briefly and she was just terrific. One of the finest people in the business. Hope to see her on my TV for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NBC BA is starving for talent. Letting her go would be ludicrous. Viewers want familiar faces, people they know and like. If money is the issue, and it often is, do something creative like put some of it in deferred comp or a Comcast stock option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam Moore to NBC Bay Area and Jessica to KRON4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please enough of the accolades, of course she acts that way, she needs a paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday Night, Michelle Griego, anchoring. What's going on???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She heard some one the weekends wanted her job so she went in to deal with them.

      Delete