Tuesday, July 6, 2010

XTRA Sports 'JJ, Roxy and the Mouth' score Yanks Girardi; Tuesday rundown

XTRA Sports mid-day show, 'JJ, Roxy and the Mouth', scored a coup by getting Yankees Mgr. Joe Girardi for a phono at 2: 10 this afternoon.

Better item: Apparently, KNBR tried to get Girardi first, but couldn't pull it off.

Personal plug: I'll be doing the show at 1: 10 to plug my "Tribute to Vida Blue" event in Oakland at Ozumo on July 14. Yes, its a shameless plug and yes, I'm shameless.

**Did you notice the virtual media blackout over the July 4th weekend? Sure, your favorite shows still aired, but mostly everyone with a name decided to take a three-day weekend, including the local radio talkies, anchors--national too.

God forbid a major news story breaks out on the 4th or Christmas--wait, one did--the infamous Christmas, 2009 undie-bomber in Detroit.

**Giants pbp tonsil, Jon Miller, will be honored before the game, Friday, July 16 at AT&T Park. Miller is headed to baseball's Hall of Fame broadcast wing in August.

**Speaking of Hall of Fame, Bob Feller, the Cleveland Indians famed HOF pitcher and now broadcaster, (he's 91 and is as lucid as ever) spent a cool ten minutes or so with A's CC broadcasters, Ray Fosse and Glenn Kuiper last Saturday night.. Very special and cool. Great stories by Feller, who looks damn good for 91 and extra credit to Fosse and Kuiper to let Feller carry the appearance and he did so

**Follow me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Ratto joined Comcast I see. And Rich,what's the story on the Examiner's Artie Gigantino? Radnich read just an extreme over the top review of him by Gigantino that sounded like it was written by a publicity agent for KNBR! It was so bad in its hyper praise. And when you look at what he's written about KNBR-he loves every minute of every show,all day. No pretense of being nuetral...he's busy shilling with every word he writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not want to post this-and I wouldnt be offended if you didnt,but man, Radnich gave you a kick today later as "the guy for the last ten years who has reviewed me".".that we laugh at,management laughs at".
    To me, it sounds like whistling in the dark from KNBR to bash critics. It might be better to listen and makes some needed changes. But I guess that's not KNBRs style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For as much bashing as Rich consistently does about Gary/KNBR on a weekly basis, what is wrong to every now and then dish it right back at him?

    Anyways since this post was not about Gary I'll make a comment about the other sports show mentioned. I think the 12-3 show on KTRB is actually decent but I am a Damon Bruce guy so I only tune into them for short periods, but I like what I hear. The takes are fresh, and sometimes funny but I give 50% credit to Geoff Sheen and the other 50% credit to Roxy Bernstein. Personally I think it is time to "cut the fat" and go with just the Roxy and the Mouth show. I just think JJ Stokes, although he is a former player adds little to the show. If it were just Geoff or just Roxy there on a particular day, either one could carry the show for all 3 hours, whereas if you were to leave J.J. there all alone, and it would be trouble.

    Rich. I noticed KTRB does not have podcasts nor does sportsbyline's website. is your appearance available online for download? I would love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the 4th or 5th time,including today,on his last 7-8 shows Radnich has spent time about blogger critics..He doesnt say what they have said that wasn't true-just that he doesnt like to be reported on what he says.
    Then, Tim Kawakami has made a point of admitting-he's banning multiple posters who dont agree with him. It has nothing to do with profane or threats-they hit a nerve.
    Somebody or something is shaking things up in local media..and the status quo are getting edgy.

    ReplyDelete