Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dave Spahr (Weather) and Noelle Bellow (News) Bring Saturday Cheer on KRON

Dave Spahr looks like the kind of guy you can have a decent schmooze with over a beer at a local bar. He has a nice personality and can talk. That much is clear.

For Bay Area viewers, Spahar is the weekend weather guesser at KRON--he works alongside Noelle Bellow, KRON's weekend anchor. They both seem happy and have chemistry. It's very apparent and obvious. Spahr is sometimes a little too weather-geeky for me but that's not a big deal. It comes with the territory and if that's his only issue, I'll take that over the other suspects.

Spahr seems to be aware he's not curing cancer, all the while providing the best forecast. He's sincere. It's comes across that way on the air.

Meanwhile, Bellow too has a pleasant personality and above-average delivery. At times, she's a bit too perky for me but hey, I'm a pain in the tuchas, what do I know. I know Noelle Bellow and Dave Spahr are decent enough to get your Saturday morning news and weather. It's a good combo and the price is right.

6 comments:

  1. I commented on here a few years back that Dave is great. He's a real asset to that station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I saw Noelle Bellow on there, and I couldn't believe at first glance, that they put her on as anchor. I mean, once again, she does not fit the mold, but having said that, the more I watch her, the more I like her. I am a guy who totally appreciates petite Asian women, and that is not Noelle Bellow! And yet, I find myself infatuated with her! Dare I say it, I actually think Noelle Bellow is sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chemistry is great. Unlike the cringe worthy ad lib from Justine and McCall when tossing to the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McCall reminds me of an actor playing a newsman.

      Delete
  4. KRON'S 3 hour Weekend Morning News is far superior to KTVU'S 3 hour Weekend Morning News both in terms of quality of programming & on-air hosts. Channel 4 Weekend Morning News show more new original content unlike Channel 2 Weekend Morning News which keeps repeating 1-2 day old news reports 95% of the time. In terms of news acumen & likeability Noelle Bellow & Dave Spahr are much better than Frank "Red Eye" Mallicoat, Claudine "Stone Face" Wong & Rosemary "The Fashionista" Orozco. Rich: You have the Absolute Best Blog in the Bay Area!! Cary SF

    ReplyDelete
  5. > Channel 2 Weekend Morning News which keeps
    > repeating 1-2 day old news reports 95% of
    > the time

    They do the same thing on their weekday shows. They're pretty pathetic. I don't know why anyone even watches them, let alone their being No. 1 in their time slots.

    ReplyDelete