Friday, July 17, 2020

Pat Thurston did what she had to do on KGO Radio Thursday and a Huge Thumbs Up Here (And Elsewhere)



Pat Thurston (@PatThurston) | TwitterI have to follow up on Thursday's Pat Thurston post; she called some schmuck a son-of-a-bitch. It was entertaining radio on KGO, sure, but it was a welcome reaction from a human standpoint and it was a massive Hell Yes! too

I'm 100 percent certain Pat will probably talk about this today on Friday given the almost uncharacteristic response from Thurston who almost always is cordial and fair even with asshole callers like the putz from Napa who clearly egged her on and deserved her rapid response.

I'll bet a whole bunch of listeners thought Thurston did the right thing or more precisely understood why she did what she did. You can only take so much. Talk radio has its limits --there comes a time when you gotta do what you gotta do. And Pat Thurston did what almost anyone would have done even if it was out of character.

8 comments:

  1. Thurston probably held back on what she REALLY wanted to call the caller because of FCC rules.
    Thurston and Rothmann are the only two hosts worth my time.
    Rich, there is a more current photo of Pat, for those of you who insist on calling her an "old lady."
    I say right fucking on Pat and keep giving them hell, if/when they deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unprofessional and unforgivable. A professional has to control their emotions and bias to conduct a credible broadcast. Fine if they want to argue the pros and cons, but calling a guest who calls in a vulgar name doesn't aid in the discussion.

      Delete
  2. Hell, I can't even LISTEN to KGO, but I'm all behind Mr/Ms. Anonymous .. (damn State job doesn't allow me the luxury of listening to a RADIO for the whole afternoon ... (however, I CAN, and I DO, log onto to Rich's site to read up ... note to State Bureau of State Audits ... I read Rich's site on my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polls had Hillary winning in 2016. You still taking the polls as the predictor of who will win the election?

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to her next meltdown on November 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a long time ago I called into to her program. It was about illegal immigration and I was/am against it. She called me anti-immigrant even though I am a immigrant myself. She lost all credibility from that moment on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one of the only talk-show hosts I can listen to; she is superior to a vast majority anywhere.

    ReplyDelete