Saturday, July 18, 2020

Nearly Two Years Later, Ray Taliaferro Death Bizarre; KGO Host Was All-Timer

Ray Taliaferro Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.comThe official cause of death: Ray Taliaferro:

Taliaferro was reported missing by his wife on November 10, 2018, during a visit to Massac County, Illinois, . He was seen later the same day in Paducah, Kentucky, possibly suffering from dementia. He was found dead on December 2, a mile from Paducah.

I don't buy it. I never have and I don't think others of like mind buy it. Yet we all sort of just moved on because we figure there's nothing more we can do. Regrettably, that's where all this is now.

I do know this: I know that to this day, Taliaferro remains one of KGO's most compelling talk-show hosts.

He had a very black and white disposition: you either loved him or hated him. There was never anything in between.

Listening back to some of his work ,it is still very entertaining radio and Taliaferro was the complete showman, hands down.

I just wish there was more clarity on his death. Too much of a mystery for me and many others.

California broadcaster Ray Taliaferro found dead in Kentucky


9 comments:

  1. I thought his son hired an investigator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to "buy"? Classic dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the wife as the No.1 suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray was right up there with Ira Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He did the best impersonation of my voice.

    Oh myyyyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not that hard to understand. Many (and I do mean many) people who work weird overnight shifts for many years develop dementia because of the erratic sleep patterns they're forced into. Some develop physical maladies too. Ray worked the overnights for many years. 1+1 = 2. It's a shame he became disoriented enough to wander away and not get found in time. Maybe if it had been earlier in the fall he might have survived the experience. But that doesn't mean it was intentional. It was exposure, and Ray's mind wasn't there enough to figure out a way to save himself. Sad, but not a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray used to say he slept four hours.
    Rothmann said he began to show dementia 10 years ago.
    Too bad Ray is not here now as he could replace the Dementia Patient Biden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great Ray T clips on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the story compelling enough for a documentary? I thought Ray was entertaining as hell even though I was about 180 degrees away from his positions. To me, overnight radio use to be really engaging. I didn't agree much with Larry King but I listened. Ray's monologue or conversation would allow me to open up to the possibilities created by the other point of view and I'll admit some elements of my views did shift as a result of Ray and his discourse. Mostly, I listened, smiled and laughed out loud through the early morning hours of the day.

    ReplyDelete