Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Jessica Aguirre All But Gone from NBC Bay Area

Image result for jessica aguirre
Jessica Aguirre
IT WAS HERE that I  reported, first, that Jessica Aguirre was not long for KNTV (NBC Bay Area); it is now virtually certain that Aguirre is gone and has found a new TV News anchor home, (I don't know yet) but her San Jose days seem to be history. In fact, Aguirre has been working without a contract since March. A short-term deal didn't last long.

She's now at the point where she'll stay on until her new gig is known.

She's 55 and has maintained her news presence --although women in the TV news business pushing 55 and beyond is considered career-threatening. How stupid but welcome to the world of byzantine thinking by so-called expert consultants.

Aguirre is a Bay Area TV anchor veteran; she's been at KNTV since 2008; she had a multi-decade stint at KGO in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Oh, and now she's selling her house too. (The kitchen is quite lovely)

When I know for sure where she's headed I'll get it here at 415 MEDIA asap because that's why you come here.

15 comments:

  1. I'm amazed because 1) She's Latina, and while I personally despise "casting" newspeople because of their ethnicity, I know they do it, and I wouldn't blame her for taking advantage of it. 2) She' damned fine-looking, though management today seems to think if you're over 35 you're ready for the old folks' home. 3) She's good, and as far as I can tell easy to work with. (I never worked directly with her, but saw her at KGO. Never personally witnessed any temper tantrums or diva behavior.)

    Hope she turns up somewhere in the Bay Area soon. KRON could certainly use some new life, though if she felt she couldn't work there without a paper bag over her head I could understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's good... Part of the reason I watch KNTV is the Raj/Jessica anchoring duo. I thought NBC Bay Area was having fairly good ratings lately, why change things up? If they want a new female front woman fine...., then add a 4pm broadcast like many other NBC o & os and have Jessica anchor at 4 and 5, new lady at 6, 11. You gotta spend money to make money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is better than Janelle Wang and don't know how she got the main anchor job when 10 years ago she was a field reporter and a host on KGO. Diane Dwyer was a better choice and too bad she no longer works as an anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy Bunker coming back???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her voice is annoying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would be immediate upgrade to minor league dogs Ama Daetz & Kristen Sze, but I'm betting she's going elsewhere. ABC7 needs to go young and hot, & have TONS of re-building to do. If KNTV plans to promote Laura Garcia from mornings, and brings Zouves in to do mornings, this could be a stealth move. Aguirre was solid, but fortunate to have made it to 55. (Sad to say, but true)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if she'd fit in well at Telemundo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss Peggy Bunker, a gorgeous anchor (national quality)...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess keeps me watching 11. She equals out Jeff Ranieri's annoying disc jockey, sky is falling, tri-valley, used-car-salesman, smiles-while-he-steals-your-watch weathercasts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy Jessica Aguirre's work, but every time I see her, her yelling out her window at tree trimmers that were upsetting her sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a solid anchor - for me (and this is just me) a bit somber in everyday delivery. But a talent who will be missed and served the viewers well - plenty of opportunity for her. Am surprised given the KGO heritage of the news director.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you think Bay Media executives are byzantine, you should see what's ugily happening in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's had a good run. It is time for a change. Diane Dwyer or Peggy Bunker would be great but I think they're both done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not know her well, but have watched her several times. She has a rough voice and is not very pretty. Looks are part of this job whether one wants to admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete