Friday, July 20, 2018

Travails of the City; Shumann Reaches Out on Facebook; I Ask You To Contribute to 415 Media So I Can Breathe a Little; Friday Open

Image result for friday in san francisco A FRIDAY; normally a time to enjoy the day and walk around the city in the middle of Summer; ho hum, not in the mood. First of all, I'm across the bay and just navigating the Bay Bridge isn't enticing the senses. Herb Caen was right on the money when he complained about how SF was quickly becoming the "Manhattanization" of the bay.

Take a look at downtown. The streets are filthy. There's cranes everywhere. You can't park if you're life depended on it and your car is useless. You might as well take a Lyft or Uber although these days that's like playing Russian Roulette. It's a hell path to nowhere in every part of town and even a plate of spaghetti at Original Joe's isn't worth the effort.

This is unofficially deadsville in town. Most of the media folks are on vacation. The second and third tier members are chasing mostly mundane stories from the back pages of the Chronicle. There's always a fire to go to; the latest inferno up near Yosemite. It's dead outside. Feels like August has hit us and in fact, it will be August in a week or so and that's when everything stops and Fall and the end of Summer is beckoning. I already saw a "Back-to-School"ad and noticed the days are getting slightly shorter, further depressing me as I slog through the desert oasis of life. It's been a crappy year and we're only halfway through it. I know, I'm Debbie Downer, but you chose to come here so deal with it.

*People ask me, "what's your fascination with Mike Shumann?"; "fascination?" No, more of a mass irritation. It fried my ass and I hardly know the guy; getting screwed sucks. And the lazy media guys should be ashamed of themselves. Shumann talked to me and reached out to his friends on Facebook Friday. It's a well-crafted piece and you outta read it. Any number of media guys here on the radio could have discussed the matter but corporate interests and money makes them all a bunch of pansies and make no mistake, they are PANSIES with a capital P. So there.

*When I said, (again) that KPIX's astonishing amount of new reporters look ill-prepared and should rehearse more you would have thunk that I was attacking the Pope. Sorry, but I'm one of the few people who actually watches and listens (I have no life now) so pardon my frank expression that bad reporters who report badly and look and sound like rank amateurs will always be called out here because I care dearly. (wink).

YOU HATE PLEDGE BREAKS? I can't blog and write entertaining posts with a few nickels on me. It actually takes time and money. The Shumann reporting and effort requires a lot of patience and can-do, not to mention the 86,000 minutes (or so) on the cell phone texting and calling. It's OK, I don't mind getting the story that no one else wanted. You got it and I'm happy. But it's tough work and had I had some funds in the bank to relax later, pay some bills, get my meds and such, I'd be even more relentless. This sounds self-serving and it is: if you enjoy reading me and look forward to an everyday fresh blog then please make a donation. It's not going to send you to the poor house and it will enable me to write the stories that you'll never read in any other publication both on-line and off.

To Donate to 415 and Make a Contribution: Simply scroll down the right side of the blog to the Pay Pal "Donate" button and click on it and follow the prompters. It's fast and easy and I will e-mail you or call you thanking you for your contribution.

19 comments:

  1. Were I still on the radio, I'd be talking about Mike. But it would have to be like the real KGO, when Mickey ran the ship, never telling you what to talk about or not talk about.That's when radio was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a real shame not one of the Warriors could have come out and corrected the issue. You know, like Curry saying it was all a misunderstanding and for all the bandwagon fans to just STFU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1:51, it obvious the Warrior players don’t like Shumann. I for one don’t want to anyplace I’m not wanted. Move along I say to Shumann

      Delete
  3. mystery guest, sign in please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm signing in, ..... ........! What a story I have to tell!!

      Delete
  4. If Schumann didn't do it why did he resign? Both he and KGO issued statements at the time of his resignation. He is either guilty man or one without the courage to push back. REALLY unimpressive.

    I'm fine with his statement, but doesn't change the fact that in the eyes of the Warriors and KGO the bond of trust is broken. That's "okay" things happen and I do wish him the best, but not with KGO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why was Schu wearing shorts and backwards hat. Who does that. Not very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTF happened to KOFY TV 20 over the air???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They moved channels.
      Also known as "channel sharing". And SOLD their over the air channel to make room for new "wireless device" spectrum.
      A government mandate.

      You just re-program your tv AKA scanning in new channels.
      KOFY moved to channel 28
      The new channel will show up on your TV as 20-1

      Delete
  7. I have yet to get a clear account of what happened. Is he guilty or not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best example I've seen to show the Nation how hard it is to afford to live in the Bay area and how stressful and embarrassing it can be.


    The guy on the News yesterday, riding his bicycle down the 101 freeway naked, looked like the second lane from the right. Poor guy, doesn't have enough money left for clothes or a car after paying for all the required expenses, State, Federal, local taxes, high rent...just trying to get home after a long day on the job!

    Costco quit selling their polish hot dogs...the World sucks!!


    ReplyDelete
  9. Kofy is history for over the air. I tried to Rescan twice today. No go. I live near Coit tower so my line of sight is good with sutro tower. First it was Me TV and now this. F^&k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kofy is history for over the air. I tried to Rescan twice today. No go. I live near Coit tower so my line of sight is good with sutro tower. First it was Me TV and now this. F^&k.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shumann made 3 references to the item "five fingered" in his facebook page, calling it a sweatshirt, hoodie, then jacket. Which was it??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Won't give you a nickel as all you do is my censor post. My most recent attempts aren't profane, not do they put down anyone. They simply represent an opinion different than yours.

    Most of my post are cleared by you, but those of us that have a different opinion on the Shumann situation that doesn't fit your narrative seem to be censored.

    He signed a Release and worrying about income for his family isn't a defense for "extreme duress" and if he had second thoughts he could have revoked it.

    Believe me, I root against corporate abuse, Rich you were 100% correct and I supported you on Ralph Barbieri, but you are wrong in the case of Schumann. Even if he didn't do what he's accused of he signed away his rights! Game over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Grief !! This constant pity party for Mike Shumann is getting tiresome. If he feels he was mistreated so badly by KGO, let him fight it out in the courts, not on Facebook. He's a big boy and should certainly know by now that life is not fair. I believe Larry Beil is a good sportscaster and and a good anchor as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beil is great, Shumann not so much and apparently not to bright.



      Delete