Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Underestimated KGO-TV's Kristen Sze

Image result for Dan Ashley Kristen Sze
Kristen Sze
I UNDERESTIMATED KRISTEN SZE; I was caught in the assumption that the KGO-TV anchor was a lightweight and had no discernable talent. At best, I thought she was an average news reader and not worthy of watching let alone paying attention to; boy was I wrong.

Sze has spent more than two decades behind the desk at KGO and the more I've watched her, the more substance I've observed and now feel she's one of the best anchors in the Bay Area.

Most anchors today are innocuous and vanilla. They show passion when they shouldn't and when there's a story that should elicit some emotion, they remain passive and robotic. I'm not necessarily singling out Sze here; it's a common every-day foible on Bay Area and National News; fortunately, Sze has a style that is straight-forward and simple; her delivery is crisp and focused without the slightest bit of pretention and superficiality --I've often complained about fake giggles and cackling amongst TV and radio anchors because most of the time it's unnecessary and comes off fake and phony.

Sze has the presence of mind to laugh during a toss when it's appropriate and obvious --genuine really. I've grown on her and look forward to watching her on ABC7 at 5 PM and when she does fill in.

In the industry, Sze has a reputation as a hard worker and driven. Indeed.



5 comments:

  1. Sze often anchors the 11:00 a.m. Mon.-Fri. KGO-TV broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen Sze is genuine and natural. I've always liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked her on the Early AM broadcast, easy on the eyes that time of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still don't like her "Blue" contact lens.....not natural, spooks me......

    ReplyDelete