Thursday, May 10, 2018

Anchor Jessica Aguirre At 55 Shouldn't Be 'Freaked Out' Because She's 55; Ageism Not Only in Hollywood But Bay Area Too; I'm Appalled But Not Surprised

Image result for jessica aguirre nbc
Jessica Aguirre still rocks
A FEW MONTHS AGO I wrote that I was told NBC Bay Area anchor, Jessica Aguirre, was "freaked out" because her contract hadn't been renewed and she was weary of not staying at KNTV; as it turned out, NBC and her worked out a short-term deal and Aguirre, at the moment, is still in San Jose reading the news.

But that's not the reason I'm writing this post.

I was told by a reliable source that Aguirre's "freaked-out" status was due in large part because she's 55 and in TV world, a woman that is in her 40's and  50's is considered "old", which I find in 2018 is rather ridiculous and absurd.

Back to that later.

Image result for Older women TV news anchors
Diane Sawyer
Aguirre is still fresh and compelling; a darn good newswoman and anchor who is smart and sexy; 55, really? Oh sure, 55 was old about twenty years ago but today? Am I missing something? Look, I know the basics; I'm not naive; I've read about Hollywood and its treatment of women over-40 actresses (among other things that are far more pithy) but it confounds me that a woman as terrific-looking and as capable and experienced as Aguirre could be considered expendable based mostly on her age.

I've dated older women; lots, especially in my formative years. And not just because they wanted to date me; (could you blame 'em?) It's all sexist, of course it is and you never read about the middle-aged men that still hold down a job in TV and they're hardly questioned about their age.

It's sort of a quandary, isn't it?

Image result for Julie Haener
Julie Haener
Related image
Harris Faulkner
My point is if Jessica Aguirre is considered "old" then I'm just damn appalled; not surprised anymore though.

10 comments:

  1. Jessica is professional, smart, easy to work with...oh and gorgeous. The suits at KNTV need an eye exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she's on barrowed time. The reality is that nothing last forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Even your ability to spell is barrowed.

      Delete
  3. Jessica is beauty incarnate. If they ever take her off KNTV, I'll change my nighttime news watching habits, that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's good but her bad plastic surgery is a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only solution to bad plastic surgery is more bad plastic surgery. Better not to ever start down that road.

      Delete
  5. I think it depends on intelligent management. Think Barb Starr at CNN...old and a good journalist and thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane Sawyer is extremely annoying and does not look human. Think she is pushing 65 or more. No woman that age looks that good. I suspect massive amounts of surgery!

    Leslie Stahl OTOH looks great. Looks her age. Smart. Everything Diane is not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to bang Jessica. She's still hot. But who is this Harris Faulkner, pictured above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She deserves and commands more respect. Just another post from the "trailer trash" segment of our society!

      What does America produce more than any other Country, the "trailer trash" people! No respect for themselves or anyone else!

      Delete