Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hey, It's Cumulus Bigwig Mike McVay With Some Great Radio Thoughts, Dude



This is Cumulus honcho, Mike McVay and his friends with some keen insight on great radio. I find it inspiring. I stop what I'm doing; before coffee in the morning; before talking to anybody, I watch this and watch and listen intently 'cause I wanna be like Mike.

Mike is so awesome, dude.

It's this passion that made Ronnnnnnn great; that turned KGO and KNBR and KSFO and KFOG into such powerhouse entities --remember, just LISTEN to the master and his minions.

LISTEN.

7 comments:

  1. Mike just may be the next L.Ron Hubbard.
    Living the big life on Xenu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both involved in buffoonery; creepy similarity (Hubbard was literally a slob, and the thought of him being put at the same level as the real chosen Gods is understatably horrifying yet ugly true; we're awaiting McVay to gain equal weight).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the fuck are these assholes? They don't know shit. They think they know. They want you to believe they know. But they don't know. And these are the dicks who provide us with compelling programming? A 5-year-old can do a better job programming a radio station.

    Where's my Sirius/XM radio?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I'll agree with McVay on is that a great radio station is indeed one you can't turn off; KGO and KYA back in the day were indeed that; I always had Live 105 on during the late 80s and early 90s when they played the Brit new wave stuff. The other clowns? Especially that ginger kid who went on about formatics and crap real people don't understand or care about? Nuts. I'll give the pretty lady some credit because it looked like they were bothering her at lunch so she probably just gave them dumb answers so they'd leave her alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I saw him once at the zoo in the macac exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like fruit-loops ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you are listening to a fallen broadcasting giant when you are listening to KGO 810 AM.

    ReplyDelete