1. I'm wondering if Hoosier boy's women sportswriter guests write anything? So far, Ann Killion is coy. Kate Scott, the alleged Knibber personality hasn't said a word, (big surprise), which is astonishing. Why? I told Hoosier boy a month ago that I thought Scott was a lightweight. He told me, "she rocks." Really? OK, yo, Kate? Any comment on Hoosier boy's rant?
2. Short-term bonanza: Concoct a 10-minute rant sure to attract attention, move the needle and extract all the 21st Century electronic machinations. You did good, Hoosier boy, and Hammer is happy. Hell, KNBR doesn't care about women anyway even though their in-house office line is "booze, beer and boobs." As long as the leather lungs; the fat, well-to-do, white guys wearing Ronnie Lott's jersey aren't pissed, who gives a shit. The bottom line still exists in a bottom line world.
3. Bruce is not a misogynist--one of the most misunderstood words in the English language. He just likes to use them, (women), as a metaphor for his own occasionally twisted personal and professional universe. Notice the cute-sounding chick on the Nooner bit? Hoosier boy has a hard-on for the marina girls. He used to date a younger woman with large boobs. He understands your plight ladies, don't let the "ladies, you don't know sports shtick"fool you, it was a bit for god's sake, even if Killion and Scott and Gwen Knapp provide faux outrage and they won't.
4. Hoosier boy knew exactly what the hell he was doing and so long as his un-pussy, (he loves using that word) 99% guy posse praise him, everything's just fine. Hammer knows there's no pulse on 1050 anyway and that the other guys on the more mainstream, plastic-on-the-furniture, 680 do most of the heavy lifting. Again, boys and girls, this was your garden-variety publicity stunt--a 24-hour ice-cream cone in a 24/7 media cycle--nobody was killed and the lights are still on. Chill.
5. Sure, Hoosier boy is a hypocrite but a good one at that. He's not going to get fired nor should he. If the Dickey/Cumulus SF commerce department is less recipient, of say, an Old Navy account, then they might take a glance at Hoosier boy's file. But I tend to doubt it.
6. Again, KNBR is not the domain for women, unless you like listening to Hoosier boy's chick fillets like the ex-Laker girl who's name I forgot but he likes having her on to, I guess, show he's a regular, modern-day Gloria Steinem. There could be good news here: given his feelings about women and sports, will Bruce fire his mother who provides Friday football picks? Inquiring minds want to know.
7. I mentioned the women scribblers --interesting thought: wonder if any male sports writers/broadcasters appear on the program. Yes, too many BASG and Bleacher Report comrades need a home to talk about football so they'd even appear on CSPAN4.
8. Somewhere, Ralph Barbieri is saying, "And you fired me*&^@!!"
9. Somewhere, Hoosier Boy, probably tonight, at, say, Monaghan's in the Marina: "Hey, how ya doin?--I'm Damon Bruce, what's your name?" Pretty, drunk, 27 year-old brunette, "We'll, hi, I'm Monica, who are you?" Bruce: "You don't know who I am?" Chick: "Uh, no, not really." Bruce: "Ever heard of Keith Olbermann?"
10. And just like that, he's gone! Uh, not really. Not yet. Maybe a small bonus. The future? We're not worthy.
*Follow me on Twitter