Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Five Questions for KPIX's Anne Makovec; CBS5 Morning Anchor/Reporter Smart, Sexy, and Vibrant

So, any interesting stories of late you've reported on?


I always get a thrill from the big stories of the day (Obama in SF). That's one joy of the morning shift – I usually have the top story. I also love reporting on courts. The human drama is true reality TV. My favorite assignment still has to be the Giants ticker tape parade in 2010 – electric!

You had a stint in Sacramento and now you're in SF and you're lovin' the city? I'm shocked! Embellish.

Obviously there are a lot of things going on at the State Capitol and I do get a kick out of politics, but there’s nothing like the city lights of downtown SF. I’m in love.

Seems to me you're pretty much a straight shooter--and I like that, no gimmicks: explain.


I’m a very honest person, mainly because I get paranoid by telling even a white lie. I’m too tired in the morning to get very gimmicky. I call it like I see it and try to keep it real

What's the most difficult thing about your job?


I work mornings… do I really need to answer that question?


Anne, can you sense my power? (wink)


I think anyone who happens to be reading this can sense it, by virtue of the fact that you are commandeering (at least) a minute of their life. For better or for worse


*Follow me on Twitter





























**Anne Makovec
KPIX
CBS5
SF Television News
Bay Area
Rich Lieberman 415 Media
Five Questions









Tips/E-mail: Rich.Lieberman@Gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, quick insight. She seems like a good journeyman reporter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What another hard-hitting 415 Media EXCLUSIVE! Guess if you're an attractive female and "play ball," little Ricky gives you a pass. Gee, what happened to Mountain Mike's Pizza? #barkorbite415

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rich,
    are you falling for Anne?
    She is hot and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must compliment Anne Makovec as an outstanding reporter and anchor; an asset to channel 5. She is very professional and gets straight to the point, and is obviously an intelligent woman. Thanks for making the morning news a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of telling white lies either, Rich. That's why I'm avoiding more political news than I ever have before, even in this crucial election year. Can't handle that career!
    Love your work, Anne! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The has nothing to do with the above post, but it's Tuesday and the latest radio ratings came out yesterday. I was hoping to hear something about it from you Rich.
    If not you, anybody out there who knows what's up could write something and it would be appreciated. If not, I'll check out other radio blogs and such to find some information.
    I just thought this would be the place to come because Rich usually has an interesting opinion and analysis. F.B. Former Listener's had some good information regarding the ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne M is talented and capable, pleasant to watch: she is just as you describe her. In the Monterey Bay area I saw her daily on KION 46 a few years ago, and she proved to be an example of what some people say: while most everybody starts in small markets, the good ones quickly ascend. (And there are those in places like this who stay for life.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen her on the weekend shows. Funny, smart, and sometimes bold questions and comments. She definitely stands out in the crowd. Thanks for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello restraining order!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Rich. Is Anne by any chance a Republican? She has hinted towards being one. If so, she's actually the most intelligent, straightforward, and talented Republican reporter I've come across. Kudos to you & Anne!

    ReplyDelete