Friday, February 5, 2010

The state of KRON4, courtesy Craigslist

Uh, kind of funny, sad, and we'll, read this...from a Craigslist account on the state of your news and infomercial leader...

re: KRON 4 News Fails (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-04, 10:26PM PST

Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



OP: Its like monkeys running a news station! 15 minutes of weather traffic and 10 mins of commercials 5 minutes of news if that. Discuss

ME: ok, let's discuss. I have been watching this station since I was a kid. It USED to be a first-class news station, with people I trusted, faces I knew, news that gave facts about a story from reporters who seemed to CARE about what they were doing. The KRON of 2010 is unrecognizable from KRON of 1990. I used to have a "personal" relationship with the anchors I'd invite into my home. I felt like I knew Belva, Dave, Pete, etc. Now, I couldn't even tell you who is on the station! They don't put up the anchor's names and frankly, the news isn't good enough to warrant keeping the station on long enough to find out who's-who at that place.

All I know is that whenever it rains, KRON makes the BIGGEST deal about the weather "oh my god, ITS RAINING!" gasp! the world must be coming to an end because you'd never know that anything else happened that day but that rain fell in San Rafael. So I stopped watching and moved on. I'll take my ABC7 news, thank you, and watch people who's names I know, faces I like and news content that matters. Not another hour of nonstop "it rained today..." B.S. from anchors that KRON obviously does not think much of because they can't even put their names on the TV to tell me who's in my living room! how's that for your "discuss", OP?

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, KRON and their weekday "morning rack" team are always interesting to watch as they navigate through each day's train-wreck broadcast. I must say that I find it amusing that they have two (amateur) meteorologists on that program when ONE good one would suffice. Regardless, both of those comely weather girls are more pleasant to watch and listen to than the fingernails-on-the-chalkboard annoying Darya Folsom, who is looking more and more these days like ex-Monkees singer Davey Jones in drag. I miss Bill Mann's column on local media and Darya was always a lock to win "most annoying news person" in his annual Bay Area broadcast news awards.

    ReplyDelete