Friday, April 15, 2022

Happy Passover --Easter Too

THIS will be abbreviated--today is the prelude to sundown when Passover begins.

I can't say I'm too excited because I miss mom and her outstanding brisket and matzo ball soup. Remember, mom was a tough Brooklyn-Jewish mother who made the meal favorable. It was delicious. And the next morning? Oh my god, there's the matzo fry and you didn't even have to put anything on it. Leave it alone and fress! Or in Italian, "eat, eat, eat!"

I haven't had a Seder for four years now. I still hurt. I miss the family, mom, Aunt Claire, Uncle Duddy-- all the fuss. The service, the yelling and screaming. But the food? Worth the wait. We're Jews, we know what's important. Need I say more? Dy DY anu. Let's eat.

Happy Passover and an early Happy Easter.

Back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Rich,first Sha na tovah,
    second, as a goye the only time I had Matzoh l put Hot
    Sauce on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich,
    Happy Passover. My first Seder in about 25 years.
    Hugs from New York.
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parents and my grandparents all raised and born in brooklyn..
    I miss the brisket...soup and hunt for the matzah..affikoman

    ReplyDelete
  4. You love your Mom, that is so nice. Sounds like a great woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mums always have a special place in our hearts. I still miss mine and she crossed over long time ago.

    ReplyDelete