Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Mid Day Coffee; Thurston: Once a Critic (I) Saw The Light; KGO Radio Noon-3 is now Appointment Radio; KRON Buzz; Sze Pressure; 415 Media Reach Out

San Francisco Coffee at the klia2 – klia2.info

OF ALL MY E-MAIL, much lately had to do with this topic: why all the adulation for Pat Thurston? Why the focus? 

When Pat first started at KGO, I was one of her biggest critics. I thought her voice was terrible. Not her fault. I also thought her line of topics were weak and out of whack. Frankly, I thought she was a lightweight and not especially interesting. It was easy for me: I switched channels. To Thurston's credit, she did a 180 and began to tweak her program. She modified her topics and began to concentrate on interviews. It was someone who decided to forego ego and think outside the lines.

Now, I'm a Pat Thurston super fan.

She is appointment radio. Her style and technique is superb. And she scores some of the BIGGEST names in the local media landscape. Moreover, Thurston knows how to drive the car and keep things running smoothly. Her stance on certain issues is besides the point. I've become an advocate because she makes the 12- 3PM KGO show a go-to. If there's reason for me to listen, I'm a believer. Thurston has my ear and I'm not alone. The alphabet radio talk network has her on their radar.

*It wasn't KRON that spent millions on their new set. It was their owner, Nextstar. And good for them, they spent loads of moolah on a news set. One of my readers called it "millions for a Verizon store." I laughed triple out loud.

*For the right dough, KRON can be had. And don't think NBC is itching for a chance at redemption here.

*Kristen Sze tried and was able to execute many of her friends (and non-friends to sign a petition. It involved her buds harassing my friends, some of whom advertised on my site. The advertisers were also threatened if they didn't split from me. It worked. (for now) See, my advertisers had to leave.

Now, I'm hurting.

So I need you all who like me (and even hate me, but like freedom of expression and speech) to make a donation to 415 Media (go hit the Pay Pal button (DONATE) and make a contribution. Now. Please. Because you love reading me and enjoy my media perspective even if you don't necessarily love me. I get it. Please help. Holiday season or not, I need you because without you all, this is all a goner.

As always, thanks.

The Pat Thurston Show | KGO-AM

*As for Ms. Sez, wait until you see what I have dug up. Stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. Those incredibly irritating show promos for KTVU "Mornings on 2" and evening "News" must have had an moron record the gag-worthy, synthesized music. One shows the "Mornings on 2" crew flashing a virtue-signaling, two-finger peace symbol. Welp, I've got some fingers for them and they don't make a peace symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She hasn't changed Rich. You have.
    I've been listening to her since her days as a talk show host at KSRO in Santa Rosa, since maybe 1998 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's so funny about "millions for a Verizon store"? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I. I didn't even laugh a little.

      Delete
  4. > When Pat first started at KGO, I was
    > one of her biggest critics.

    You're always the biggest critic of anyone new. You just don't deal well with change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, this is a Democratic World referring to Sze act to support woman's rights and other things. The last 4 years, we had woman's rights speaking out, race and BLM in support of Democrats'. Accept the reality, this is the new world like it or not. Just learn how to protect yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, somebody buy Pat a new raincoat. Enough of the 1960's style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a leather biker jacket, not a raincoat, and currently very trendy and stylish, though yellow is not a color I would have chosen!

      Delete
  7. You also trashed Dion Lim, then you "came around". Now next up, Pat Thurston.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You only like hosts like her because you agree with their politics. If she had a different political view you wouldn't be such a fan.

    Leave your echo chamber bro. There's a much saner world out there outside your chosen chamber.

    ReplyDelete