Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Coffee; Bob Woodward; Renel Brooks; Huh?; Medoro Mush; Peck KPIX' Gets Too Busy; Tribute to Kings X Andy Mousalimas

The 5 Wildest Revelations in Bob Woodward's New Trump Book

BOB WOODWARD will be on 60 Minutes Sunday (tonight) --he'll be talking about his book and the inner workings on getting several interviews with President Trump. The interview would be a primary topic the next day for a KGO Radio talk host most of Monday but instead you'll be listening to Nikki Medoro talk about her kids and Mark Thompson wanting to hear his voice...


*Speaking of wanting to hear one's voice, after I complimented KPIX weather anchor, Darren Peck over his cool weather explaining, now Peck has let it go to his head with over-the-top delivery. We get it, Peck, that you like to emphasize every point, but every, every point? We can see the map, guy and the smoke too. You don't have to explain everything.

*If I'm Scott Pelley the first thing I ask Woodward: how the hell were you able to interview Trump and use a tape recorder? I know Woodward is good, but seriously.

*Bob Woodward and the old Ronn Owens on KGO was almost as good as sex but now Owens is old and more interested in cruises too. Still.

*I have to repeat this again and again: KQED is worth about $500 Million and yet still has over 20 pledge breaks DAILY. So when I ask for you to donate to 415 Media, please take note. I can't send you a coffee cup or tote bag but I'll call you and thank you, promise.

*Stan the commenter: I know I'm asking for trouble when I invite him here (and piss a lot of you off) but again, Stan makes me laugh. Repeatedly. His Hayward/neighborhood rants are worth the price of admission which here is free. Then again, just when I invite Stan to the club, he goes off topic and starts to rip me and expound on Trump.

*CNN mystery: where's Jeffrey Toobin?

*Renel Brooks-Moon: Good god,other than saying she's a terrible PA announcer I haven't said jack about her.

*KRON has good people, the problem is they get lost in the patio furniture ads ensemble.

*Yo, Chip Franklin, I know you dislike me because I'm 100% honest about your buddy, Nikki Medoro, but guess what, Chip? I'm right.

*Still a great overnight listen: KCBS' John Evans. He has a great, easy voice and is able to do a quality interview like Saturday's talk with a SFFD official during that big fire. On the other hand, where did this goofy woman, Liz St. John come from? Gosh, what a train wreck.

*KCSM on a cold, dreary, smoky Sunday morning: unexpected pleasure. Now if only the coffee was better.

*I'm sorry, it's the dawn of football season today but I can't watch. I'm not alone. The ratings are down but I'm not surprised.

*If Peter Giddings was around during that petition deal orchestrated at KGO, he'd have kicked someone's ass, seriously, he would have--my money would be on the guy with the initials, "T.C"

*Pete was crazy, yeah, but damn watchable too.

*I'm glad and honored that Mayor London Breed had the time to tweet her support to the 29 female journalist- I mean, it's not as if the mayor has some problems like, oh, homelessness, encampments, filth, drugs, Market St. waste, you know, things like that.

*You want to rip me in the comments sections, fine, go ahead, but yeah, I'll censor any/all anonymous comments. it's my blog and I'm a dictator, sorry.

*John Lund: Darwin was wrong.

*The next time someone on the radio says to a guest, "be safe", I'll scream and that's ear-shattering.

*ABC7's Kate Larsen and Lisa Argen: still fake. Those too.

*The last time someone wrote about Argen, Karna Small was writing backwards on the Circle7 weather map.

*Vern Glenn: love ya, bro, but damn, what's with the contrived personal theatrics? You remind me of a guy who used to do sports on KRON. He of the Bentley era.

*The last real Bay Area investigative reporter: Rita Williams.

*If Greg Papa says, "Halloween Night" one more time, I'll puke.

*95.7 FM, 'The Game'--who cares?

*Fantasy football was originally created at my old standby, the Kings X bar in Oakland. The owner, Andy Mousalimas, died recently. He was 94. Andy was called, "The Greek", affectionately --he was the father I never had; Andy's wife, Mary, made me sandwiches, always was there, like Andy. I miss you Andy, the whole gang, Kings X, the home of Doug Murphy, Kate Kelly, Reggie Jackson and yours truly.

8 comments:

  1. Two reasons I no longer listen to KGO: Nikki and Chip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toobin has a new book, he's probably on tour promoting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 95.7 heard a promo of joe the butcher going to take his five "listeners" behind the scenes of tailgating

    ReplyDelete
  4. >*The last time someone wrote about Argen, Karna Small was writing backwards on the Circle7 weather map.<

    Oh zing!
    Ouchy!
    Boomer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz st John sounds like she's ready to kick your ass! Awful
    Darren Peck drives me nuts! He's condescending in a Mr Rogers way. Dump him. I prefer the gay guy on 7

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did Renel Brooks get on a list of journalists? Is tweeting
    out comments on "my boys" as she refers to the Giants, considered journalism. Stand down, Renel! You're not all that
    and absolutely no one on this blog has ever referred to you in
    a sexual manner. PA announcers are heard, but not seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May Andy M say hi to Brittanca Ben and all the others of King's X's yesterdecade now upstairs. I wonder how many there are left outside of the aforementioned 415 Media man, Baseball Hall-of-Famer, and long time PIX anchor. I wonder how many upstairs are turning over in the clouds after finding out that Draft Kings has turned into Air Fantasy as Michael Jordan has bought a big piece of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantasy football wasn't "created" at the Kings X, though Andy was one of the founders, with Scotty Stirling, Bill Tunnel and Bill Winkenbach. Oddly enough, Dan Okrent gets a lot of credit for fantasy sports for Rotteserie baseball, which didn't get going until the 80s, almost twenty years after the original GOPPL draft. But he is a big shot NY publishing type, so of course.

    ReplyDelete