Saturday, September 19, 2020

Happy New Year --a Message for Mom

Caregiver Stress and Burnout - HelpGuide.org

Happy New Year, Mom.

Every year now is tougher without you, dad, Aunt Claire, Uncle Duddy. Brother Michael. The holiday is here but very sad and empty. Miss all of you, especially you mom, when you're absent, especially on Rosh Hashanah, it's very sad. I used to remember, mom, when we left shul and went up to Aunt Claire's house and prepare for your brisket. What a day.

Michael would make us laugh. He'd talk about the Rabbi's sermon and tell stories about Ernie Hollander from the temple. We'd sit at the table and devour the honey cake. We would all talk. Especially you, mom. It doesn't seem real now that you're gone. I can't fathom that, mom, but I still sense you're here now with me.

Mom, I miss you. But I know you're up above looking out for me and I know your spirit will always last forever and ever. I am trying my best, ma. Like I said, I miss you so much. Happy New Year, Mom.

La Shana Tova.

4 comments:

  1. I lost my mom a few years back and I know she's up there looking over me.

    Your mom will always be a part of you.

    La Shana Tova...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to your Mom. Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked with your mom at AT&T in Oakland and San Francisco. She was funny, sweet and not shy about expressing her opinion. I believe your brother, Michael, worked during the holiday season at AT&T as an Overseas operator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small world, was related to Ernie by marriage and used to love going to his bakery on Grand Ave. He also used to go to high schools talking to kids about the Holocaust always bringing his "Suit case" I attended one at Alcalanes High School in Lafayette and it was riveting He also was reunited with his brother who he thought was killed in the concentration camp.I have great pictures of them together.

    ReplyDelete