Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Anatomy of a Hit Job --KGO 's Sze/Cibrowski Behind Petition; 29 Women Journalists 'Petition' Hardly Spontaneous

ABC7/KGO-TV - TV Station in San Francisco
ABC Broadcast Center at 900 Front Street, SF

Last Wednesday, before the Chronicle story involving yours truly was published, I received this e-mail:

Its validity was corroborated Friday when the Chron story ran. (Notice the time stamp too)

From: <m6r2fi+3g5uxdstyw8w@guerrillamail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:46 PM
Subject: Petition
To: rich.lieberman@gmail.com <rich.lieberman@gmail.com>


Just so you know. You're about to get hit with a well deserved shit storm.  And the person behind the petition is Tom Cibrowski at KGO.  And he is PISSED.  So it's a battle of the fat guys!  Have fun.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's the letter in case you didn't see it, signed by 29 various TV News anchors, reporters, media figures.


Notice that of the 29 signatures, 15 are from KGO-TV, which is important to note since I got a subsequent e-mail from a KGO (contact) last Saturday night:

GOinsider@protonmail.com

Sat, Sep 5, 9:46 PM (3 days ago)
to me
Dear Rich,

I cannot say who I am but you must trust my information is 100% correct and if you need to confirm then please ask your sources at KGO.  Whoever is telling you Tom was behind the email is not correct.  It was Kristen Sze's idea 1000%  Tom went along with it because he allows his people to speak out.  But you should realize who your enemy is here, it's Kristen.  She is insecure.  If you write she is insecure then she will lose her shit haha!   She also cherry picked who to sign it and asked the weakest people and people she could easily convince.  Heck, look how many people she asked that don't even work in news anymore!  Like their opinion matters anymore.

Kristen chooses her allies wisely in the newsroom.  She is very divisive, a BULLY and 90% of people can't stand her because she is a rude/selfish bitch.  If only the managers would actually say something to Tom or Tracy then we would all be much happier at KGO.

Tom is a very good person and does care about his people.

************************************************************************************************

This e-mail was also validated namely because it too contained information that only the e-mailer would know.

But to be fair, I texted Sze, a KGO anchor who I'd previously wrote positive things to get a comment and reaction.

She didn't respond. Weird, because only hours earlier, Sze had called me. Why? I had no idea but I figured maybe she wanted to shoot the shit with me about the Chronicle story. I didn't think anything of it until I got the Saturday e-mail.


Now, it all made sense.

As would a petition organized, created, and signed by various people in the biz but it now appears that this so-called "petition": was well organized and created to embarrass me. It did not but that's not the issue here.

It appears that the petition was in fact, begun by a KGO employee --an ABC/Disney employee who, with her boss, circulated the e-mail and had it signed by the women, some of whom may have been pressured to sign their name.

Hardly a spontaneous effort by the gang of 29 to show their disgust with me, don't you think? More like someone going out of their way to HIT someone hard and attempt to besmirch their name and image.

I'm not a lawyer. I don't think this is a libel thing but I do think this shows the letter may have been improperly used and in not an entirely ethical manner. At the very least, using a company e-mail and higher-up (Tom Cibrowski, GM/VP) to help guide it and make it stick, would be in violation of ABC/Disney company policy. 

Just a guess.




I have received a mass volume of email and notes from all this. I am both flattered and overwhelmed by the attention, both positive and negative but it has resulted in a great deal of publicity. ALOT.

Kristen Sze Wiki: Age, Birthday, Married, Husband, Boyfriend, Family, Height

That said, a hit job it was and a hit job it will continue to be no matter the good things that came my way, directly and indirectly.


ABC News Veteran Tom Cibrowski Named GM of KGO | TVSpy
Tom Cibrowski




  












Rich Lieberman (@rich415Media) | Twitter












25 comments:

  1. love the freebie media gossips. Keep it up Rich! Can't get this anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My impression reading this blog for many years was you gave Kristen Sze a lot of respect and advocated for her to have a higher profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add Tracey "Trixie" Watkowski to the hit team. She's working to get ole Tommy-Boy shit canned for taking HER job. She knows Burbank will crap on any GM using company E-mails to waste time on bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trixie should be promoted! I lover her kick ass and take names attitude. Very attractive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask Eric Thomas about life with the Dragon Lady. He's still paying off therapy bills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask Heather Ishimaru. She'll never function again normally because of Trixie. Trixie should (seriously) be wearing prison stripes because of this. Instead Disney sent her flowers and she flaunted her "accomplishment."

      Delete
  6. You should post nothing but pro Hong Kong articles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me alot of the Democrat party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that last guy from the old Round Table commercials. He even had a pizza named after him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking the same thing. You've always gave props to Kristen Zee. Never did you dis her. I could never see what you saw. I think she's mediocre at best. Flagstaff, AZ or Ogden, UT. Would be a better spot for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That explains why someone like Luz Pena signed it. I don't think you've ever acknowledged her existence on this blog, let alone talked about her Winnebagos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luz Pena does not have Winnebagos. At best, she may have a "fold out tent"..

      Delete
  11. I don't know about all of you but when I want to call someone out in a big way I always drop the bombshell on a FRIDAY before a HOLIDAY weekend. Oh brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a very high opinion of Kristen Sze. Not anymore. I was also suspicious the letter was a spontaneous effort because I know someone who despises you is Pam Cook, and her name is conspicuously absent, while people who have been out of news for a decade or more are listed.

    Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a shock! Maybe these news readers should turn around and look in their own building for the misogynists.
    It's beyond me how anyone in the "news" business today considers what they do to be journalism. They are talking heads!
    Keep doing the good work, Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's sad that after all the Lieberman-to-Sze compliments about her work ethic, Rich instead gets figuratively stabbed in the back.

    Respect for Sze is gone. Respect for Cibrowski is already gone, but now knowing he is a bit of a wimp when it comes to the strongest KGO-TV personalities, any respect should never been there.

    Sze can get away with it because it is Lieberman. Maybe she would gotten in trouble if she did that to Trixie. Sze is extremely fortunate that both Ashley & Finney work well with her, otherwise she would have followed Ishimaru out the door if she did it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always didn't like kristen because I don't like her non-professional reporter status, always put her political bias in and now you; don't forget when I said she is political you IGNORED my comments and sort of backed her up; do you regret it now??????????????

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rich, getting even is easy. Pick just one advertiser on ABC7 (maybe a car dealer) and call on your fans to send out emails, tweets and FB posts saying they'll never do business with them because of this petition. A week later, pick another advertiser. And keep on doing this week after week until Disney/ABC gets the message.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learn a lesson tonight never find a Chinese girlfriend with a long face adding on a smile with bad mouth, the picture said it all.

    I saw the list and must point out 3 of the Asian decent staffs married to a husband different than them will never ever get a main anchor spot adding on one female anchor from morning news to part time weekends then morning news in 2019 and later on, demoted and gone. This anchor is KGO indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not heard of most of the women who signed the letter and when I think of important Bay Area female journalists/media personalities very few of the signees come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man, Rich, right after I read this post this morning, I posted links to this article on FB on Kristen Sze's page, as well as the page for ABC7 News. They were there initially, but both "mysteriously" disappeared a few minutes later! Somebody SURE does keep their eyes on those pages! But at least I tried! You Go, RICH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SMFH: always felt that Sze is a no-gooder; she along with reggie sucks; yes, you've always had positive things to say about her which proves my instinct is right, she's a back stabber, nuf said...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rich, I agree with them that you are misogynistic. Yet I still check your blog a couple times a week anyway. Do I wince when you write sexist comments or allow similar comments to appear? Yes.
    Then again I also watch Trump lie all the time too knowing that he will.

    ReplyDelete