Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Fishing

San Francisco Police Conducting DUI Checkpoint Friday Night – NBC ...

IF I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT KGO I WOULDN'T WRITE ABOUT IT AS MUCH AS I DO.

In its great days, KGO was bigger than a mere radio station, probably one of the most important culture centers in San Francisco. Every PR person, politician, news, sports, entertainment figure wanted to get on KGO. Even today, KGO is big but it could be bigger and it could be back to being vital if run right.

*I applaud the suits at KGO, like Lee Hammer, for trying to get it right and they're damn close. It's a tough biz out there now on how to run a radio station. The virus makes it more of a challenge.

*On Saturday night, when there's the ridiculous specter of the POTUS holding an outdoor rally at the enclosed, packed 20K-seat arena for his crazed cultists, I'm happy that John Rothmann will be on the air on KGO during the president's speech. Should be a dull night. Yeah, sure.

*Don Sanchez is sipping wine in North Florida and says he's enjoying life but misses the Bay Area.

*David Louie continues, somehow, at KGO-YV. 44plus years at 900 Front and the guy (Louie) still sounds the same which is remarkable if you ask me.

*It's simple: the more you send me (415 Media) funds so I can keep this blog fresh, the MOREI BLOG. For some of you that's great. For others, that's well, great too. Figure it out.

*If I didn't write about KGO Radio, who would? Exactly.

*Pat Thurston continues to build up her resume which is why Pat Thurston is a must-listen even for those of you that watch Wheel of Fortune and think Jeopardy is a Rubik's Cube.

*Speaking of Wheel of Fortune, there's Armstrong and Getty.

*Lee Housekeeper is an over-bloated butthead and even if he bought me a free lunch at John's Grill, I'd tell him straight to his face.

*Cheryl Hurd is still prime watching on NBC Bay Area, yep, still.

*The problem at KPIX, of which there is many is that the people that work there look like they just consumed a Clorox cocktail. That's not my take, that's the feeling of readers and people in the know.

*Pam Cook at KTVU: tries to look like Oaklandish, but has Orinda and Walnut Creek ingrained in her body and spirit. I forgot Lafayette there.

*More reclusive by the day: weather guy, Bill Martin.

*Stan Bunger thinks Stan Bunger thinks Stan Bunger is bigger than life and that's the problem at KCBS.

*Ask Susan Leigh Taylor.

*Patty Reising if what I hear about your ego is correct? Wow.

*BEST Bay Area sports writer: Lowell Cohn. No one is even close.

*KNBR's John Lund: Indeed, Darwin was wrong.

*Yeah, first thing I think of when I think civil rights is that home development in Lathrop.


4 comments:

  1. You know you long to live in Lathrop for the fantastic night life at Joe's Travel Plaza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe Bunger was given a contract extension. Sick to death of him. Put in Bristow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don Sanchez and David Louie, two of my fave TV people from when I lived (and BREATHED...) Bay Area Media. Rich and I are SO alike, it's scary ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. > Stan Bunger thinks Stan Bunger thinks Stan Bunger
    > is bigger than life and that's the problem at KCBS.

    Huh?!?

    ReplyDelete