Thursday, May 14, 2020

Two Inspiring Ladies Behind the Anchor Desk at 'PIX; Goodrich and Cook; What's Not to Like? Thursday Open

Juliette Goodrich KPIX - Filling in for Ken Bastida while he is ...
Juliette Goodrich (left) and Elizabeth Cook

KPIX has a decision looming --who becomes the face of the station? I'm going out on a limb. I like a couple of underrated anchors both highly rated --one on the week night and one weekend lady I've often thought was under-utilized and should be on the 6 and 11 paired with....well, that's another decision for another time.

I'VE always loved Juliette Goodrich, smart as a whip and quite the visible personality I think PIX should immediately move to the anchor desk, it's right there in front of them. Even if I'm dreaming and pretending I'm the wizard behind the curtain, it boggles my mind why Goodrich has not been offered the fulltime Monday thru Friday gig. Maybe because she's comfortable in the field and not reading the teleprompter during the week. Can that be it? I don't have an answer there but I know business and KPIX should know business too. If they did, they'd immediately make Goodrich switch to primetime.

My thoughts on Liz Cook are completely different than her rep in the market. I like her. Yeah, so she's a little wooden and robotic but she's pleasant, she reads well and she has a nice look and delivery. If Liz were to open up more, she'd be a solid A, but why quibble now, we're in uncharted territory these days and I'm only here offering my opinion which I now you love and admire.

PIX has made some amazingly dumb decisions in the past. They will need to revamp and retool --if push came to shove and they paired Goodrich with Cook, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and they'd probably get the entire PTA in Danville.

Yeah, two damsels not in distress but on the desk! It's not as radical as you may think. Girl power at 855 Battery, check me in. It's hella better than this!

Enough said. Grab your coffee and bagel and chew on it.

***MAKE 415 MEDIA 100 PERCENT SUSTAINABLE:

TODAY, I'm asking again, that if you like 415 Media and want a daily run and my takes on Bay Area Media, to help me maintain the blog with a donation. I will personally call you/e-mail you THANKING YOU for your contribution.
TO DONATE: Go to the "Pay Pal" "DONATE" button on the right side of the blog --click on it and follow the instructions, it takes less than a minute and it's 100% confidential and secure. You do not have to have a Pay Pal account to contribute.
As always, Thank You.

8 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head about Goodrich: SHe doesn't want to be a full-time anchor. She LOVES being out in the field (and she's really, really good at it)...and she's got a family at home. There's a LOT to be said about being a mom/wife and being able to come home every night to see the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree X 2. I will switch then to PIX from FOX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cook seems to be more comfortable and confident on-air, rarely making the mistakes that plagued her during her early phase at KPIX. Quite an improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliette Goodrich: Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works for Guthrie & Kotb on NBC's Today. So why not have Cook & Goodrich on PIX once Bastida finally calls it a day and doesn't try to catch the McElhatton anchor longevity record?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pillow fight?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm biased because I'm a fan of Jules, but I think it would be a huge success if she were the solo anchor at 6 and 11. I realize stations haven't done solo anchors since the 60s. But I don't see anybody else on the staff that comes close to her star power.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very pretty Caucasian anchors.... but the most beautiful is Norah O'Donnell!

    ReplyDelete