Tuesday, March 3, 2020

My Favorite Bay Area TV News Team: KGO's Ashley, Finney, Daetz and Christian



The ABC7 (KGO) News Team: left to right: Michael Finney, Spencer Christian, Dan Ashley, and Ama Daetz, is my favorite local, Bay Area news team.

They're not spectacular (who is?) but overall, I like their pace, style, news content and overall delivery.

Ashley, is a steady presence and has a knockout local appeal. I don't like all his moves but he's consistent and vital. Much needed stability.

Mike Finney isn't just a Consumer Editor and anchor, he has built his own Circle7 empire around helping viewers who have been screwed by arrogant corporate interests. One of KGO's most valuable players.

Spencer Christian has a calming presence on the ABC SF weather map, a guy that has overcome personal demons to become one of the most popular TV News personalities in the Bay Area.

I'm always amazed at the growth of Ama Daetz; she's gradually become more seasoned and nuanced and while I disagree with some of her wardrobe choices, I like her style and straight-forward news delivery.

2 comments:

  1. They are the team to watch - credible, professional, personable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer is average at best. Mike Finney is 1% of the broadcast and mostly invisible. The emoting Ama Daetz became too much to take so I finally quit watching them. Ashley is a rock star.

    ReplyDelete