Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Don't Telegraph my Musical Taste


Image result for variety of music


DON'T TELEGRAPH ME-- I listen to all forms of music. I love Beethoven and I can listen to Lizzo if the song is cool. I'd be carpet bombed admitting I like Maroon Five's "Sunday Morning" but it's a mellow piece if you listen. Miles Davis on a rainy Sunday and Frank Sinatra anytime but especially in a saloon? Sign me up.

Yes, I like the 94.9 FM morning show. They sound genuine. They appear to be having fun. They're real.. They're not curing diseases and I like their exuberance --as a matter of fact, they're cool. Some KGO hosts could learn something.

3 comments:

  1. You go Rich! I also like a variety of genres too depending on the mood. From Led Zeppelin to Eva Cassidy to Diane Schuur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like in RL's world that there are still such things as Motown Mondays and Beatles Wednesdays. After this post, I will look at the film for The Ballad of John & Yoko ("You don't take nothing with you but your soul, Think!"....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Rich! I especially miss a station that plays big band music! Oldies, too. Since we were young, my parents exposed us to all kinds of music from rock, big band to easy listening even jazz & country. They didn't just stick to their own culture's music, Spanish/Mexican, though we still grew up listening to it. We as kids used to buy a few used records for a nickel at the flea market without knowing what we'd get. It taught me to appreciate the beauty in music no matter your language.

    ReplyDelete