Thursday, March 18, 2010

Michael Savage ad gets rejected by SF TV; 'schmuck' deemed offensive; huh?


Michael Savage lambasted SF TV stations' for refusing to air a spot he recorded for his XTRA Sports 860 AM local radio affiliate.

The reason? According to Savage, his use of the word, "schmuck", was deemed objectionable by the outlets ad dept. Savage didn't identify the name of the stations', but one of its ad reps confirmed to me the decision. (That person requested anonymity.)

Here's the spot on Youtube that has already received thousands of hits.

Memo to the TV traffic folks: "schmuck" is a Yiddish slang term for a fool. I should know since I've been labeled a schmuck by my mother, an ex-boss, a waitress at Nate and Al deli in LA and countless other members of the tribe.

Even a few goyim.

I mean, seriously.

**Follow me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Now he knows how Mancrunch.com feels.

    He should have used "meshuganah". Doesn't rhyme with the F-Bomb!! Oy!!

    ReplyDelete