Friday, July 23, 2021

Eric Thomas' Troubling Day on KCBS

IF YOU HEARD ERIC THOMAS TODAY ON KCBS (near the ending 20 minutes or so of his 10-3 PM shift) first you were shocked, then you were STARTLED, then toward the end of the 2 PM hour, you were generally frightened and concerned.

Thomas, the ex-KGO-TV anchor, sounded odd and befuddled. He had multiple gaffes and literally couldn't finish sentences and at the beginning of an interview, several times, was heard on-air having difficulty speaking. I don't want to be dramatic but when I heard Thomas struggling to speak, I feared he maybe experiencing a stroke. I was very concerned. Some of my readers heard what I heard.

I will assume Thomas didn't have a stroke because I would have heard by now. I'll then also assume he had a difficult day. As did KCBS. This was very hard to listen to.

5 comments:

  1. I heard Eric to Rich. I wanted to call 911 but how do you do that when I wasn't even there. Eric was all twisted up. Maybe he is working too many hours. He seems like he is on the air a lot lately. Hope he's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear him during the time slot you describe, but have heard him "mis-speak" multiple times. Hopefully, this incident was an extreme case of "mis-speaking", and not a medical issue. Presumably, someone "with authority" at KCBS is aware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the poor guy needs to take some vacay. Maybe he's stressed. Seems everyone in the industry is right now. Sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And....PS: I'm recalling how he disappeared from KGO TV's evening newscast several years ago, with no explanation. Then, after quite a long time - he re-appeared - both as a co-anchor, and as a field reporter - also with no explanation. Then of course, he retired from KGO TV. Maybe these most recent issues on KCBS are somehow related to the KGO stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way late here commenting, but, I just wish Eric would get back on air - tv air. He has a sweet, engaging humor, and is exceptionally likeable. It's where he belongs. Maybe a gig at the newly revived KRON would do him good...

    ReplyDelete