Monday, June 7, 2021

Kuiper Take; Bunger Fatigue; CNN Looks to SF Studio Near Embarcadero; Pam Moore Update; KQED News Show on Radar; Monday Happy Hour

MONDAY MEDIA HAPPY HOUR

*Of Course I hope for Mr. Duane Kuiper to be well and for a speedy recovery. I have been critical of Mr. Kuiper (recently, yesterday); had I known his medical condition I would have been more selective in my timing of remarks. To suggest my feelings about Mr. Kuiper has any connection to his medical status is both ludicrous and ridiculous. It deserves no further response. Those of you that read me regularly know my stance.

*It goes without saying: 30+ years is one helluva run and Stan Bunger deserves PROPS for a terrific career at KCBS; his last day is Friday. That said, the now two-week ona-ir sendoff is lousy radio and a disservice to both Bunger and Bay Area KCBS listeners. It sounds contrived and way over the top to laud Bunger when there's plenty of news and info to report. And then when you add a clearly flustered Kim Wonderley to praise Bunger in virtually every other traffic report (like today) it's a MAJOR MISTAKE. That's not just my take but a whole lot of KCBS staffers who privately think this whole deal is a charade. On Friday, it figures to become real gross.

*CNN has a SF-centric major STUDIO on its radar the only question is when and WHERE and HOW MUCH? Oh and another? Why not LA? Because they already have a SoCal studio and it was used to broadcast Larry King. A SF STUDIO would probably be around and near the Embarcadero. So close to the CNBC studio they could hold hands and sing to each other.

*Pam Moore is back at KRON tonight--she had suffered a fall and injured her hip a few months back.

*IF KQED were to offer a Monday-Friday NEWSCAST (a la "Newsroom") it would be welcome news. The fact that very little LIVE and LOCAL programming exists on our PBS outlet is beyond me and rather embarrassing. KQED has BIG bucks and needs to broadcast a news program; not doing so is rather sad and bizarre. Sure it costs a lot of money, doesn't EVERYTHING?

*Before he goes on air to do his post 5 AM traffic report, KTVU's Sal Castaneda has now a new chore; shaving. Serioysly. My SPY has told me that Sal is now aware of his 415 Media critics who rip him because of his 5 o'clock shadow, skid-row look. So THERE!

********NOTE TO READERS: IF YOU LOVE 415 MEDIA, PLEASE DONATE. 415 MEDIA RELIES 100% ON READER CONTRIBUTIONS. WITHOUT IT, THERE'S NO BLOG. IF YOU DONATE, I'LL EMAIL YOU THANKING YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND SUPPORT!

3 comments:

  1. This Stan Bunger bundle of kcBS is out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Lamont and Tonelli been on the air, just as long??? KSJO and 107.7 The Bone combined??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before Covid I used to listen to KCBS religiously on my commute to and from work but because I've been working from home since May of 2020 I really haven't listened. Until yesterday. Ouch. What has happened to that station? I know youve been on them on amateur errors and all. But it just doesn't have that flow like it used to and it just seems blocky. Like read this then read that then an error then read this then mess up that. I just dont get that news urgency from them. I feel bad because I still listen to them as they are my news source in the car but there are train wrecks you want to watch just to laugh and then there are train wrecks where you just feel horrible. It is the latter. Did they get rid of people that kept that "flow"?

    ReplyDelete