Monday, April 26, 2021

No Respect: Giants' Miller, Flemming; 'Kruk and Kuip' Hardly Ever Wear a Suit and Tie and That's a Disgrace

IT IS REPUGNANT. It is BRUTAL. It is baseball disgraceful. I'll get to the point.

You have professional broadcasters. Allegedly. They're quite popular and a hit with the fan base. They have a hero amen-corner-worship contingent. Nobody disputes their popularity and longtime allegiane. It's rather remarkable. Envy of the MLB world.

You would think they would appreciate and respect their baseball acumen. Show the world and Bay Area they acknowledge their position in the Major League Baseball environment-- they CARE about the GAME and they wear responsible, respectful clothing to the ballpark.

Jon Miller, Dave Flemming, Duane Kuiper and Michael Krukow hardly ever wear a SUIT and TIE to the ballpark. That is wrong. That is very evil. That shows they DO NOT CARE. They should. They should wear a suit EVERY DAY and NIGHT, pandemic or not. It is basic common RESPECT.

I'm quite disturbed these HOF broadcasters that represent a storied and legacy franchise DO NOT dress in a manner befitting their team and their city, their region. I'm quite appalled, actually.

WHAT A TOTAL ABOMINATION.

12 comments:

  1. REALLY? IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL! SUITS DON'T MAKE THE MAN (OR WOMAN)...THEY ALL DO A GREAT JOB AND IF THEIR EMPLOYER DOESN'T MIND, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED? I THINK THEY ALL RESPECT THE GAME AND TEAM AND FANS...AND A TIE DOESN'T CHANGE THAT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a slow day on the city desk ...

    In 2021, I find suit and ties on sportcasters to be prententious. We're watching grownups playing GAMES that we played as kids.

    Now I love watching my games, but if the umpires abandoned ties decades ago, I'll certainly take my local broadcast team sans Windsor knots ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Kruk and Kuip need suits. After all, they have been wearing "HOMER" Simpson costumes for many years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike Krukow has always cringed at suits since his playing days. Plus his health issues mean that a suit makes no sense. The others are either matching that in support of Kruk, or they have no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich - once again you are showing your bias toward anyone you dont agree with. These are not national broadcasts/broadcasters. Vin Scully has retired. John Sterling will soon as well. This isn't New York City. And half the games are being done from a studio. They get very little if any face time. Grow with the times - Red Barber and Mel Allen are not broadcasters any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jesus christ, Rich, you're just grasping at straws now in your desperate attempt to find something to bitch about. Stop crying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh, is this a serious post? If so, you're really grasping at straws trying to find things to criticize about anything related to the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. only men with manboobs who are afraid to wear t shirts or knit shirts wear suits to a ball game

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rich

    When was the last time you wore a suit while you wrote your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. For what their being paid, do what your told to do. PERIOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m guessing this is tongue-in-cheek and just looking for some extra clicks. I’ll believe you’re serious when you call out the A’s broadcasters for this too. Oh wait, no one’s watching or listening to the A’s.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another negative posts, I'm not into sports so I will give you a pass on that, since I have no idea of who you are writing about. Another stab at Ronn, seriously don't you think your readers know you don't like Ronn. I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Niki, and I have to agree with you about her show, she is not getting better, she talks too much about herself, and her voice grates on me. I don't listen a lot, but not much else on at that hour. I use to listen to Armstrong and Getty, they use to be funny, and all about politics, the few times I listen to them now, they seem to have turned more right wing, and are not as light hearted and enjoyable as they use to be. They were never leftist, which is fine, but they use to be more independent. Mark Thompson's voice is fine, he has done voice over in many TV Program, I get you don't care for his show, and I get that, but I find him listenable, especially since there are few choices at that hour, one is Dennis Prager, his whole show seem to be based on that the left is responsible for everything that is wrong with America, other choice whoever is sitting in Limbaugh's chair, so I listen to Mark and enjoy part of his show, if not all.

    ReplyDelete