Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mannix ---aka: Mike Conners --He Tried to set me up with Gail Fisher --a SF Cocktail Short Tale



It was 1995. Mike Connors was long retired from Mannix and other show biz gigs; he knew a friend of mine who asked I tell where to go  in the city and Mike would buy. He was just coming off his third marriage and wanted to make the rounds if you know what I mean.

Enter Big Vinny and the streets of San Francisco, Mike's favorite city.

We talked. He was a scotch man. I settled on grappa --he knew about my fondness for Gail Fisher, aka, "Peggy" --and that's what dominated for a good hour. Mike said she liked guys with a personality and drive. I told him would she take one out of two? Ba da bing.

The rest is history.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - racing cars, avoiding helicopters, driving off cliffs, swimming, cooking and squiring the ladies all while wearing the finest suits made by Botany 500! This must have been some show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool story, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and today we have CSI Hoboken...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was Must-See-TV for my family and I some 50 years ago.
    Yes. Fifty years since 1970! We would start with Wild, Wild West or That Girl with Marlo Thomas (Billy Donahue's wife), see the Carol Burnett Show or Mission Impossible and later on, Mannix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus Rich, you have more "Wet dreams"

    ReplyDelete