Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Kumasi Aaron Could Be a Big Star at KGO But Annoying Albatross Reggie Aqui Screws Up Everything

Kumasi Aaron now turns Akua Asantewa - OB Communications
Reggie Aqui and Kumasi Aaron

Kumasi Aaron can be a dynamic TV News anchor, a real personality, someone to reckon with and not just on the KGO early morning news. She's good. I know that, knew that long ago. She has tremendous presence and is great on the ABC7 program. Her voice and delivery could be a tad more engaging and forceful, but that's a small criticism, she's a terrific watch and observation.

If only Ms. Aaron could get the uber-annoying, Reggie Aqui off the desk and somewhere else, maybe a one-way ticket to Fresno or Des Moines, where he could screw up someone else on his morning meal ticket. Aqui, for the umpteenth time does no service to KGO and only messes  up Aaron big time.

QUESTION: Does not the ABC people at 900 Front see this buffoon so horribly screw up the screen every weekday morning? Aqui is a showboat and a lousy one at that. He doesn't help the star-potential of Aaron and he should. Anyone else would. Is KGO so hard up in SF Demos they let this human albatross on the morning every day? Aqui is a total disaster, the mother of all windbags.

What a total abomination.

17 comments:

  1. Why are you promoting Kamasi? Politics/diverse????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich likes black women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped watching the ABC7 Morning News because of Reggie. He acts like a middle school girl and has dragged several co-anchors down with him - such as Natasha Zouves, Matt Keller and Jessica Castro. I can't understand how he has lasted this long at ABC7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are thinking with the wrong head once again. Kumasi is never prepared, mispronounces words everyday and looks like a cartoon picaninny. There is something weird about the way she calls everyone “friend” like she is part of a mindless cult. That ridiculous hair and the crazy clothes and clown makeup make her a perfect fit for the most unwatchable collection of losers on the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post Rich! I admit that at first, I was put off by Kumasi's weird hair or lack of it, but it didn't take me long to become a fan. As you say, her delivery is great, and she seems to have a good personality. She has the "cute thing" down pat! The way she will smile, and sort of look away, like she is shy or something, well, it is quite endearing. I admit it, I have become a fan of Kumasi as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I completely disagree with you on Miss Kumasi I would like to suggest that KGO 7 fine Reggie every time gratuitously mentions his “husband” or drag queens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich continuously censors comments saying that it's like an uglier version of Iman. That is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reggie is a complete joke, and a baffoon. I tune in about once a month hoping KGO did not renew his contract but he seems just get more and more annoying. How this guy is still on air? It is puzzling yet this station KGO is full of lightweights like Alvarez,Larson, and Lim just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give me Reggie any day. He's one of the reasons I enjoy KGO-TV in the mornings. He's a very good and capable anchor and has a good personality, too. Go Reggie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rich: Reggie and Kristen are very annoying, would love to see Kumasi and Jobina take their spot; love Julian Glover, very smooth reporting and none of that annoying ah ah ah eh eh like some reporters, liked him the moment I saw him reporting...PS Kristen is getting politically opinionated and why is that? Anchors should just report the news and not be political, sure missed Amburg, Jennings and company, real anchors and viewers trust them, damn, sure missed those good o'days...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calling Kumasi a pickaninny is so racist You Oughta be ashamed of yourself and Reggie is an a******

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to say as I was listening to the coverage of the VTA shooting today that I am very grateful for Kumasi's calming presence while she's reporting the story to us. It somehow helps with our anxiety. Thank her for me. On the day to day I so enjoy the Kumasi/Reggi combo...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Channel 7's "Building a Better Bay Area" is old. I wrote a letter to the management of Channel 7 last year, stating that their slogan is old and how about "Building a better morning newscast" by getting rid of Reggie Aqui. He is annoying!!! Of course Channel 7 didn't respond

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is Reggie Aqui so annoying. I just want to stab myself everytime I even hear the name. Thank goodness he’s on during the day when I don’t watch the news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not agree more with how awful Reggie Aqui is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't believe in bashing anyone publically or otherwise, it's as simple as tuning into another morning news broadcast, which I did a few years ago. Wishing all the players well, and much continued success.

    ReplyDelete