Monday, November 11, 2019

KGO-TV's Mr. Obnoxious: Larry Beil: The Ego Has Landed; Cheryl Jennings Needs To Lighten Up; Cool Don Sanchez; Cheryl Hurd of NBC Bay Area: Fantastic Look and Tremendous TV Journalist: 'Heeeeey!'

Image result for Larry Beil LKGO
Larry Beil 

I GUESS HIS EGO IS OUTTA HAND

*Larry Beil seems to think he's a god. My ABC7 contact, (KGO) tells me the obnoxious Beil is on one of those patented putz affronts; the Circle7 schmuck has told his amen corner to "stay way from me when I'm working!" --can you imagine that? Beil is also fond of telling total strangers that he was a big guy at ESPN once! Yeah, that lovely outpost in gorgeous Bristol, Connect. where the birds fly and many men have sideburns and coffee is the beverage of choice. Pass the Miller Lite too. I'm beginning to think Beil thinks his crap doesn't stink either. Do you detest bullies? I do too.

Image result for Don Sanchez KGO
Don Sanchez
*Then there's the opposite of egomaniac Beil: the still-enduring ABC7/KGO-retired, Don Sanchez; I saw Mr. Sanchez recently and still looks great and has the most gracious personality in town. I told Don he's the "Dick Clark of the Bay Area"--'the region's oldest 'teenager'" --Sanchez is enjoying his retired life in Marin and yes, the "Ladies Man" still makes appearances at the Top of the Mark. Ba Da Bing!

Image result for cheryl jennings kgo
Cheryl Jennings
*I was always a Cheryl Jennings fan (she's left the ABC building on 900 Front) until I got a piece of her fake persona; she's Miss Mary Ann on screen; Nurse Ratched off the air. People tell me Jennings has become "sort of a bitch" because, I guess, she feels entitled. Yo, Cheryl, it's not always about you. Having once dated Dianne Sawyer, I know the pitfalls of celebrity. You are NO Sawyer. Not even close. Lighten up and have a double martini on me at Tadich.


Image result for Cheryl Hurd NBC Bay Area
The beautiful and talented Cheryl Hurd of NBC Bay Area: "heeeeey!"
*I CONTINUE to marvel at the work of NBC Bay Area's distinguished, Cheryl Hurd. Hurd is becoming so versatile, CNN has begun to use her reports on both their domestic and international platforms. She is fundamentally gifted and astounding awesome in her General Assignment reporting around the Bay Area. The former PIX veteran has a legion of fans in the region and makes for appointment watching. Hurd can handle the live shot too and with utter ease.  I'm never surprised when I hear the networks have made multiple offers to get her to NY but she loves the Bay Area. We're damn fortunate to watch her great journalism technique on a nightly basis: to Cheryl? "Heeeeeeeey!"

13 comments:

  1. Always thought Sanchez would have been decent on KGO Radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl Jennings has never pretended to be Diane Sawyer. Why would she? She was a kick ass reporter in the seventies when we both worked at KPIX. She was a single mom, super hard working and kind to her colleagues. She survived for decades in a business notorious for kicking women to the curb after the first crow's foot. Whenever a man tells a woman to "lighten up", it's code for their misogyny. So Rich hears from some unidentified source that Cheryl was a little "bitchy", one has to ask,"Who's the source" ?". Will they have the tenacity and skills to remain on air as long as Cheryl Jennings did? You know the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great response Christine. As a man I have no clue the battle women have to put up with on a daily basis. Especially one that has survived a mans world for so long.

      Delete
    2. Cheryl Jennings would murder the toilet at the Denny’s in Santa Rosa and expect the staff to praise her for her flatulent goodness. Only the best from ABC 7 to you.

      Delete
  3. I have to say that Cheryl Jennings towards the end of her tenure especially, DID seem to me to be someone who, as we used to say in the South, "thought her shit didn't stink"! BUT, having said that, if one goes on Youtube, and searches for the earthquake of 1989 as it happened, then, look for the video of ABC7 on that day. You will see Cheryl Jennings who happened to be at the anchor desk that day, give a performance that was worthy of Cronkite himself! She handled a situation that was almost impossible, since the power was out at the station, with no video. She relied on phone calls, things yelled at her by various reporters who were there at the time, etc, and handled it all as an anchor should. Anyone taking a journalism course, should be required to watch that video of her on that day. So I DO give her credit for at least, at one time, being an excellent anchor. But, in the end, I think she "knew it", and as such, she got/gets that bitchy reputation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women don't get bitchy unless something disturbing is going on in their private lives.

      Delete
  4. Don was a great news guy. Glad he's enjoying retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry Beil was on ESPN for about a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cheryl Jennings. I miss her on KGO. Did you really date Diane Sawyer, Rich? If so, more details please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's too bad about Larry Beil. I used to kinda feel sorry for him when he was at ESPN because he didn't have the personality of the other anchors. For some reason, I just always imagined him being a little more humble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ran into the STILL beautiful Barbara Rogers over near Grand Lake this evening. Put a smile on my face to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked with Cheryl Jennings for over 39 years. A consummate professional and genuinely nice person. Mentored the interns, nice to the entire staff, beloved by her colleagues and the community. I think she must have rebuffed your advances at one time, hence the vitriol. Did I mention she has great taste?

    Larry Beil obnoxious? Hello,Pot, this is the Kettle. You're black.

    Oh, hell, you won't print this one either. Pussy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, you're easy to manipulate. Double Pussy.

      Delete