Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Note to Readers: Why I've been Gone and The Fate of 415 Media

Image result for 415 media logo IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WEEK SINCE I LAST POSTED.

You deserve an explanation and here it is; there's a lot here; I'll try to condense and make it as concise as possible.

I love doing this but I simply cannot post when there is no sufficient funds in my account. It takes a lot of time and effort to perform multiple postings and when there's no money, I cannot do what many of you want and look forward to; I'm sorry but this is the plain truth. Like you I have bills to pay. And much as I would like to continue I cannot without at least some funding. That is the situation.

I have tried numerous paths to sustainable funding without having to constantly request your paid subscriptions, contributions, et all and as of this time, there is no successful idea. To be able to continue forward I will need your help or have to, regrettably, shut this operation down.

Mistakenly, I thought it was important to you all that in this TOP 10 market that a 24/7 media blog was viable and actually useful; I thought you would want someone to monitor and critique the various TV/Radio people and their work; I have been controversial and harsh in my assessment and observation of this market but I thought you wanted me to be frank and truthful. You will not get this anywhere else. You will also not get the scoops and inside that I provide anywhere else. I have had quite a few misses but hits too. I'm not perfect but who is? I do my best.

In a spate of three years I have dealt with personal tragedy, depression, anguish and more. I don't want to get into detail but even in torment I have consistently put out content and written under severe duress. I do not seek sympathy only an understanding that it is difficult to perform the most basic undertakings when you have to live under the most dire circumstances. Trust me.

So here's the deal, I am dealing with and trying best to maintain my personal life while at the same time giving you my best at the 415 Media blog. This is not a time again to ask for donations but I cannot continue to write what you want and not have money to take care of basic living expenses. I THANK all the people who have repeatedly contributed and become paid subscribers. And I also understand a great deal of you that would like to but cannot because of living on a fixed budget and unable to donate. I know for some of you times are tough but they're tough for me too.

So I will do this and try to make it simple: I will ask you directly if you want to see 415 Media carry on, then tell me and make a contribution. If you want this site to shut down and prefer to end the irritable pledge breaks, then also tell me. I will take the vote of the people and go from there. I'll  simply take my lumps and shut down. It's tough but I'm prepared for anything.


Thanks again to all of you that have taken the time to read me and appreciate my work, even those of you who do not like me but still read 415 Media. I'm critical; you have a right to be critical too.

Rich Lieberman
415 Media

*TO CONTRIBUTE (OR NOT) to 415 MEDIA:


Click on the "Pay Pal" "Donate" button on right side of blog; it takes less than a minute to subscribe and you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to contribute.  I will PERSONALLY CALL/E-MAIL YOU thanking you.

Six Months: $14.99

One Year: $24.99

Two Years: $29.99

Lifetime: $99.99




18 comments:

  1. Rich I appreciate your hard work and financial situation. I will continue to help whenever I can. Keep up your good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't post any more as all you have is negative news....never anything nice to say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like someone from KTVU

      Delete
    2. I would like to see more media news, less rants.

      Delete
  3. Rich, I enjoy what you do and look forward to reading the column. I've supported you financially in the past and will continue to do so as I'm able. Cut back the number of days per week if you must, but I hope you don't take the site down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich, I wish you the best but you in your heart know this blog isn't going to sustain. My guess is that you know it but are fearful about what comes next for you. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, I gave a two year subscription because I really appreciate all that you do to give us information about what’s going on in the news and radio media. I sincerely hope you will be able to continue informing us. You are so passionate and that’s what I love about you and your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see your blog continue but I know talk is cheap and you need donations. I think someone else made a good point when they said that you don't really need to post dail (unless you wanted to for some breaking news type situation).Good luck and God bless, Rich. I will contribute when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make it a pay site, then you will have your answer, quite simple....
    Previous contributor for several years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thought of putting a pay wall (like on some newspaper sites) but shot it down, he mentioned that in one of his earlier posts. I tried to use a VISA gift card I got for Xmas while back, but Paypal didn't except it. Due to a bad experience with PP - I don't trust them with my CC info. I'm going to figure a way though.

      We do need some advertisers too. Maybe we can bug friends or relatives who owns businesses like a coffee shop or something to be a sponsor...

      Delete
    2. Make it a pay site only.

      I'm sure the management at all the stations will be the first to subscribe.

      Treat the blog as a real business...not a hobby.

      Delete
  8. Keep up the excellent work Rich! I will continue to give the good pledges to help sustain you. Whenever you need it. I like the real content and will continue to read and support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just recently paid for a year. I hope it wasn't for naught. Please keep it up. Hopefully you can also post some positive stories also

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Rich,

    Had I won the MegaMillions or Powerball, I would have hooked you up! LOL! Unfortunately, I continue to work by the hour, so I have little to spare. I encourage you to find more advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I come here for some entertainment. I am not in the business but what I see is the same theme and subject matter and mostly streams of negativity. How many times can you talk about KTVU and rehash the same thing over and over? It gets tiresome. Just my $.02

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote to close your blog. Too much negativity and carping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truthfully, you should go to a paid site. You need to eat and have a life. There's no way that the Comical or the Bay Area News Group will bird dog the local media. Look at the shrill also known as Benny Fong. He's just a news release catalyst who still thinks he's valuable because he was with Rolling Stone. I'd consider a paid site if there's good material. Don't try to be the second coming of Herb Caen. Just report on the media. You know what to write about. Good luck in finding your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not in the business and really don't know the news talent as I don't watch local news. I am interested in Sports radio so when the article on that , I find it interesting. I would go with a paid site as asking for donations, does not seem to be the answer.

    ReplyDelete