Monday, January 29, 2018

Go Ahead; Make My Day

Related image GO AHEAD; MAKE MY DAY

*Gasia Mikaelian: for one day, don't touch your hair and refrain from giggling every few minutes.

*Allen Martin: read the news without a scowl and look a little relaxed; pretend you're at a bar sipping a glass of wine.

*Jan Wahl: Talk straight. Enough of the sappy, yenta drawl that makes you sound like some zaftig from Brooklyn.

*Mike Anthony: take a course at USF: "How to program a radio station."

*Damon Bruce: Four hours: no pregnant pauses; I'll sponsor a turkey sandwich at Tommy's Joynt.

*Audrey Cooper: Every Sunday, write a 500-word or so column; I mean, you are, I heard, the EIC of the SF Chronicle. This would prove it.

*Dave Clark: If you haven't already, remove the picture of you and OJ Simpson from your desk.

*Mike Nicco: Be honest and look sincere and 86 the fame smile every morning. You're beginning to act like Donnie and Marie.

*Carolyn Tyler: For my sake, quit this silly "retirement" talk: You have it made. Besides knowing where all the bodies are buried at 900 Front, you're still very good and look great on the air. You can get a day job in about seven years or write a blog.

*Scott Ostler: Block Tim Kawakami just to piss him off. C'mon, Scotty, just for a day. He'll go nuts.

*Dion Lim: Close your eyes and pretend you're a female Barry White. Now, practice a sentence and say it out loud.

*Michael Krasny: Interview Katt Williams. Go ahead, I dare 'ya.

*Ethan Bearman: Do TRY to TALK...like a n A-D-U-L-T and not like some --one --talk...ing to a a group of N I N E Year Olds...plus, NO Tofu or Cheese mentions after the POTUS SOTU.

*Susan Leigh Taylor: Replace your perennial "...while I was driving in from Pacifica this morning I noticed some mist on my windshield. " Try, just for fun, "While I was smoking a joint while on my way into the studio this morning, I suddenly wanted to eat 12 Hershey bars!"

*Stan Bunger: Work four consecutive days without taking a day off.

*Da Lin: Dress up to work wearing an orange suit and black tie.

*ALL Bay Area TV Stations: Just one week cancel all Walnut Creek fountain MOS interviews and conduct same in the Tenderloin. Sixth and Mission to be exact.

*KPIX: Hire people in the morning who have a pulse.

*Darya Folsom: quit screaming, "I love you Gary!" every night you're in one of those frequent dreams.


13 comments:

  1. *Susan Leigh Taylor: Replace your perennial "...while I was driving in from Pacifica this morning I noticed some mist on my windshield. " Try, just for fun, "While I was smoking a joint while on my way into the studio this morning, I suddenly wanted to eat 12 Hershey bars!"

    Couldn't agree more...sick of Pacifica crap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krasny interviewing Katt would be an interesting interview. While Katt Williams may be bat ish cray cray at times, he's actually a decently intelligent person. No... for real.

    I watched Dion Lim the other day... she's not THAT bad- at all. I didn't hear the "voice" and she looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed about Dion and I'll take it one step further. When it's a fun, happy, feel good story then there is no one I would rather have on the desk over Dion.

      Delete
    2. Heard her for a few seconds the other day and she's no better. Click.

      Delete
  3. Da would look good in orange and black -- with short pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walnut Creek is not representative of the East Bay so interviewing on the street in the Tenderloin, Vallejo, Concord, or East San Jose would be appropriate. I really don’t give a Rat’s ass what someone in Walnut Creek thinks about the high temperature, the price of wheat in China or the growth oh their 401k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. During last night's PIX 11 PM newscast, there were several awkward moments at the anchor desk. Some facepalm-worthy malaprops, too.

    A tweet stated: "I was refunded for the oligarch hats without comment.'

    Liz Cook, reading the tweet: "I was refunded for the….uuuhhh….the ostrich hats without comment."

    Dennis O'Donnell, who evidently is unfamiliar with the word pejorative: "A Boston radio host, who made a perjaga….uuhh…prerogative comment about Tom Brady's 5-year-old daughter… "

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. And KPIX has the balls to ask the viewer to "TRUST US".

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's okay, I guess, if you want to tell hookers that you hire to please smile more. On the one hand, you complain about happy talk and how the news isn't serious enough, but you always find a way to treat women on the air more like hookers than professional broadcasters. Can you do something about that? People like Susan Leigh Taylor's personalized observations about the weather along a route that many people take. It's real , and human. Jan Wahl's style is supposed to be off the wall. That's her appeal. She is zaftig, but so are you, and lots of other viewers. You should salute her for being savvy enough to survive in a competitive environment which usually dumps people when they get to be your age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. youre lying if you don't mistake Scott Ostler for John Shea and vice-versa. they could swap photos and colums and you might not know the Difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pic of the 5 Instant Eye live truck. But I don’t remember the parabolic dish being that big. But that was before they had telescoping masts.

    ReplyDelete