Wednesday, February 24, 2016

415 Media Exclu: Kessler Shoots Back at KPIX; 'Shame To See They're Still In The Gutter'; 'It's Not You, Frank' (Mallicoat)

 I CONTACTED JOHN KESSLER (pictured with Sydnie Kohara) to get a reaction on his replacement, Frank Mallicoat, being let go by KPIX.

It's a decision that still haunts the CBS-SF suits; based on the regular e-mail I get, literally hundreds of viewers never forgave PIX and to this day, refuse to watch in the morning.

Kessler, who is now out of TV and is a financial advisor in upstate NY, had this reaction about the latest PIX transaction--as usual, he didn't pull any punches.

"You come into a job hoping you’ll make a difference.  If it doesn’t happen, sometimes it’s your fault.  Sometimes it’s not.  I hope Frank doesn’t take it personally.
 
When I left (shown the door), I was given an analogy.  They told me: “our ratings are on the curb right now, what do we have to lose by stepping off?”
  
Shame to see they’re still in the gutter.  It’s not you, Frank."

6 comments:

  1. Sydnie Kohara, one of the greatest voices I have ever heard delivering the News.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuo hush, I'm the fucken Queen of SF Bay Area media, godamit!!! Arrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You throw a mean tomato too, G.I. Joe.

      Delete
  3. Kessler was at WENY-TV Elmira for a bit...Not sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Kessler is a big talent and a major loss to the bay area media scene. Same goes for Mark Thompson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, a talented and nice guy I used to have the pleasure of writing for, hit the nail right on the head.

    ReplyDelete