Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dwyer Leaving NBC Bay Area All About Schedule


 Unlike most of the decisions involving big-market talent in today's environment, Diane Dwyer's decision to leave NBC Bay Area, (KNTV) was not about the money. Dwyer, who will still do some occasional "special projects" work for the Southbay O and O, will work her last weekend newscast June 8.






Reached by phone, Diane was philosophical: "I'm disappointed that we couldn't work out a deal to maintain my current schedule, but I'm also pleased that we found a compromise that keeps me here, albeit in a much smaller role."




Broadcast sources close to KNTV told me that management wanted Dwyer to work a full time schedule, (anchoring Saturday/Sunday newscasts plus three days of reporting), but Dwyer, who teaches at Haas Business School at UC Berkeley and has a similar role at Stanford, was unable to accommodate that request. Dwyer also has two teenage kids.


It was only a few years ago that Dwyer took a big pay cut to maintain her schedule --this time, both sides could not reach agreement on the request.


*Follow me on Twitter
:



7 comments:

  1. KNTV's loss, in not maintaining her schedule.

    All the best to Diane Dwyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Carolyn Johnson and now Diane Dwyer. Bay Area news has lost it's two hottest MILFs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have Rosemary Orozco, the only reason to get up early on a weekend morning.

      Delete
    2. And there's still Jessica Aguirre.

      Delete
  3. I worked with Diane for many years at KNTV, and I have to say she is the best journalist they have at that station. She is one of the few anchors I've worked with who actually does her own work and checks ALL the facts. Plus, she would always organize potlucks on the weekends and bring in the main dish, gotta like that! Miss you already Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacher, teacher, please keep me after class...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane was so kind to me during my transition to content producer and she's funny (just ask her to belt out a Sound of Music song - she can't sing but she's got game).

    ReplyDelete