1. I spoke to the still-feisty ex-KGO Radio talk-show host vet. He's alive and well, writing a book and eager to get back on the air in some capacity down the road.
2. I asked Taliaferro if he listens to the new KGO--he didn't answer. "Uh, hello, Ray?" Silence.
3. I told Ray I get at least five-ten e-mails a day inquiring about his health, his whereabouts, his status. He laughs. He sounds like the same old Ray which is comfortable. And he's fine by the way.
4. I found the bulk of Ray's KGO program about the best, most unique and funniest show on local radio. Nothing quite like it --it transcended politics.
5. I asked about rumors making the rounds once again about the possibility of investors acquiring a SF-area frequency, (think KFRC or FM), and ask Ray directly if he's a player: "Oh, most certainly."
6. Taliaferro is close to finishing his book. We agreed once it's complete we'll do a more extensive interview. He wishes all his and her fans a Happy New Year.
If you have any message you'd like for me to forward to Ray, send them my way and I'll make sure he gets them.
*Follow me on Twitter