Saturday, May 5, 2012

'MO2' KTVU Weekend Robots; Mr T; Ralph's not going to The Game; Hey, Did You Hear about Guy Fieri's Yellow Lamborghini? Saturday 415 Media Notes



Mike Mibach and Claudine Wong make up the team that is KTVU's, "Weekend 'Mornings on Two'". They do a respectable OK broadcast, but their overly-robotic style makes the show seem more like a CSPAN news special report.

Thank god for the lovely weather woman, Rosemary Orozco. (Nice high-pressure system)






"Mr. T", (Tom Tolbert) on KNBR almost lifeless without Ralph Barbieri...Speaking of Barbieri, I didn't see his ballet performance on Denny O'Donnell's show on PIX, but I did hear that DOD repeatedly asked Razor if he's interested in working at 95.7 FM. Swell quest, Denno, only had you did your homework, you would have known that Entercom couldn't afford Ralph and besides, they're not in the game, (no pun) of signing up 66 year-old guys, that's not their demo. Neither is intelligent conversation. That's not to say that Knibber and/or Ralpheroo are nirvana, but anyway Ralph/FM ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Quote me.

**Eric Byrnes isn't just insufferably bad, but a royal pain to the point where he's beyond embarrassing. The ever more populated "so-bad-he's-good" dept. But get an ex-jock, put a mike in front of him and he's the second coming. It's not just me that can't stand him and he's only got the MLB Net gig 'cause they don't pay that well and Byrnesie will work cheap since he confiscated $30M from the Ariz. D-Backs....Today on the Smuff and Smack show, Smurph will concoct 10 stories and a UCLA reference out of a Sergio Romo promo. Pauley will simultaneously play with his sound board while doing a #1 inside the Cumulus toilet...Breaking News: All 4 Bay Area TV news shows have just reported 10 more stories on Guy Fieri's lost and found yellow Lamborghini. In exchange, Guy's making brown omelets with truffles for every ND in town...KTVU's Eric Rasmussen, my buddy, again, I plead with you, stay away from the Red Bull!...Darya Folsom would make for a lovely candidate on Dancing with the Stars, only I don't know if that's big enough for the Daryaster....More Breaking News: Guy Fieri's Lamborghini was just spotted near the Fresno Arby's...Finally, it's Cinco De Mayo. Get ready for the broken windows and violence live shots galore--next to Guy Fieri's Lamborghini. (Can I have some duck, Guy?)

**Follow me on Twitter

TIN CUP: Yes, if you like reading 415 Media and can donate a buck or two, please feel free to make a donation on the PayPal icon on the front of the blog. Any donations of any dollar amount is greatly appreciated and will help pay for my all-expense paid trip to Moscow and more importantly, finance my own appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

22 comments:

  1. I have no problem with Tom Tolbert by himself.

    Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and try to reconcile how you can criticize KNBR for having Ralph on the air and then criticize them for taking him off the air?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich is angry when Ralph has a show.
      Rich is angry when Ralph has no show.
      No matter what happens, Rich is angry.

      Delete
  2. So Grace Lee is history on ch5's morning show? You can see who does the hiring at KPIX likes certain types..her replacement just has that same vibe. Just like ch5's blonds all act alike too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy Fieri's restuarant in Pleasanton gets hammered on Yelp... poor service, spotty service, half the items "miss" (half are successful), and complaints about high prices. Did he just sign on as a marquee-absentee famous face?

    And is Al Attles ever at his food place in San Leandro? Is it really his?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say Gordon Ramsey almost subsidizes his NY and LA,and London "5 star" restaurants with the huge money he makes off his TV shows. Otherwise, they would go belly up. And that would ruin his ratings...

      Delete
    2. Why are people so obsessed with celebrity chefs? This Fieri character is annoying to look at with his horrible bleached hair. I don't know what he sells or what his appeal is but as soon as his show comes on I reach for the remote.

      Delete
    3. I can't stand it when he is sticking his dirty fingers into the grated cheese, or whatever ingredient is being prepared, and chomps away at different ingredients - all with the faux pretense that the chef doesn't see it. That was tired... 3 years ago. (But he does go to some good places.)

      Delete
  4. Hey, didja hear? Guy Fieri's Lambo was found! That's Fieri- F-I-E-R-I. He's apparently a TV celebrity, or something.

    Seriously- what a hack...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ironic that Ralph was fired by KNBR for money reasons and that it would be cheaper for Mr. T to work solo, then Cumulus brings in the unlistenable and overcaffeinated Eric Byrnes to partner with Mr. T. I hope Ralph wins his lawsuit and wrings every nickel out of those bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for mentioning Rosemary Orozco. Mama mia talk about a MILF. So lovely. That is one hot woman. I'd take her over ANY newscaster in the Bay Area. Tied for second are Heather Holmes and Jackie Bennett. Darya would be last. She looks a bit weathered...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I heard Eric Byrnes twice... he actually made Damon Bruce and Ralph sound good, which is hard to do.

    Bruce, what a tool... I called him up one time, and we were talking hoops... I told him I knew a little bit about the 'inside game', that I'm tall, and had played with a few NBA players.

    He asked, "Like who?" I replied, "Chris Mullin." Of coarse, he then proceeded to rip me a new one, claiming I hadn't played with Mully. Fact is, any former college player, gym rat, or in-the-know hoop guy knows where these guys work out in the off season, and knows where they play. Same for L.A. (For example, Laker players used to play pickup at Pauley Pavilion years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's true. Another example of this is Kobe Bryant who lives in Newport Coast and often practices and plays pick-up games in the off season at UC Irvine's gym with some of the school's basketball players and occasionally random students.

      Delete
  8. Tommy t is so juvenile with his off topics and such . They should have shown him the door as well. Give Ted Robinson a show at least you will learn something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tolbert is pretty bad but at least he knows sports, Byrnes is just horrible, he should work at a college radio station. Glad Ralph is gone, he didnot follow sports for a very long time, let's face it, all 3 of these clowns are unlistenable.

      Delete
    2. I'll second the hiring of Ted Robinson.

      Delete
  9. quit making fun of Fresno,,,what did we do to you? maybe pick on Bakersfield!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the comment above that Ralph did not follow sports in the same way he had earlier in his career. At times, he seemed to have no interest in what was happening in the sports world.
    I used to think to myself, "Hey Ralph, how about you just read the ESPN headline sidebar a minute before going on the air to get caught up?" Some big story would be happening and he'd admit that he was just hearing about it. He had lost passion for the job and that was obvious. I'm an old-timer so Iiked having him on the air just for nostalgia's sake, but I have to admit that he was pretty useless the last several years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind seeing Darya in some of those sexy "Dancing with the Stars" outfits! Maybe they could get Justine Waldman to do the show too, and they could have a dance-off! Loser gets to stay at KRON! Man, Jacqueline Bennett is a secret little gem over at KRON, I never knew they had such a hottie until I stumbled across her weather promo! SCHWING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I've had my eyes on Jackie Benett for a couple of years. I am constantly surprised by the lack of recognition she receives here. Once they fixed her eye liner and she stopped wearing suit jackets she blossomed. Best natural rack in Bay Area news. She gets extra credit points for putting up with Ratsnitch's lame jokes night in and night out....

      Delete
  12. By the way-I was told two months ago they found his car in some locker by a Tow truck guy who helped me after a fender bender in the Tri Valley area. I told him I hadn't heard that.
    So,are the police saying they JUST found it?..or they had found it weeks earlier then announced and waited until they caught the guy?
    I swear this is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dennis did a terrible job of asking a question that everyone is wondering...How wrong of him.

    Why doesn't Rich host some sort of show? Oh yeah, he's not good at it and can only criticize others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was frankly surprised by how much Tolbert has declined in the Razor's absence. Wow. Flat. Dull. And Eric Byrnes is unlistenable. Literally an albatross around Tolbert's neck. Truly awful.

    ReplyDelete