Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chronicle TV writer leaves; Tim Goodman joins The Hollywood Reporter

The Chronicle's TV writer, Tim Goodman, has left the paper and joined the Hollywood Reporter as its chief TV critic.

I’m excited to join the Hollywood Reporter,” Goodman said. “It was hard to leave the Chronicle but I really think the vision of the new THR is great. I wanted to get in right at the start.”

Goodman's departure is the latest "big name" to leave the Chronicle. Ray Ratto, the paper's longtime sports columnist left to join Comcast SportsNet Bay Area in June.

Goodman, known for his irreverent writing and crafty lampoons of especially bad network TV series, wrote his last column Oct. 13.


**Follow me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. C'mon Rich-get on the Giants run to the pennant my man. Enough of the usual-wheres the insight to that homer or that pitcher or KNBR?
    I would have thought you would be ripping the huge east coast bias of FOX or TBS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust off that resume, Lieberman. It's your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I hate to hear that Tim Goodman is leaving the Chronicle. His recaps of Mad Men are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring back John Carmen!

    ReplyDelete