Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A classic line from Jim Brown; Wednesday pulse

From Glenn Dickey

JIM BROWN: To say that Brown is different is understating the case. I was at Canton when he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame (The Chronicle had sent me because Y. A. Tittle also went in that day) and Brown basically told those in attendance the he did it his way and they could f---- themselves if they didn’t like it. When he finished, there was the sound of one hand clapping.

At Rich Lieberman’s event honoring him, Brown said, “People ask me why I quit football at 29. Well, I went to Hollywood, made a lot of money making movies and got to make love onscreen to Raquel Welch.”

Sounds like a good plan.

He're He're.

**Follow me on Twitter



















No comments:

Post a Comment