Friday, April 16, 2021

Mibach's Dollar Shirt and Gasia's Giggles: Your KTVU Noon News Crumbles

A NOON NEWSCAST TODAY is generally schlock-central with mounds of DRECK galore: KTVU's heap of MUSH at the lunch hour is a PRIME EXAMPLE.

I'VE NEVER particularly liked MIKE MIBACH who reminds me of a sales clerk at the local Walnut Creek Nordstrom; GASIA MIKAELIAN would be a fine audience member if KTVU were host to the WENDY WILLIAMS show because she's a great giggler, news? Not so much. But it's just me. I tend to watch more critically; mayb I'm a tad difficult.

Having said all that, I can't stomach the KTVU Noon News. It's really more a thirty-minute BORE with all the excitement of a Fremont Arby's.

Mibach never says anything even when he says something and the GAAS! is hellbent on just anchoring to anchor; she too, like Mibach, seems to be there on set because you do need a body to anchor the news, even at KTVU. When one or the other is doing solo work and is there on the desk alone, I swear, watching paint dry is a more compelling experience.

It's not as if both human bots are total disasters, they are not. They merely sit there and read the prompter; I'm fairly certain the 12 people watching the news are fine and dandy but that's just about it. KTVU, I'll give 'em credit: at least they spent the extra 5 bucks for the almost-new set so at least they're trying. 5 bucks? I'm sure that covers Mibach's new shirt from the Emeryville Ross.

But the entire newscast just doesn't cut it. I don't watch most local news anymore and if I were dare to be caught watching the 2 nooner, I should be deported to San Leandro and forced to share lunch with AMBER EIKEL at the East 14th 7-11.

6 comments:

  1. Mibach is Walter Cronkite compared to Reggie Aqui. 2 at noon is 10x better than 7 at 11. The 11:00 am news show is a train wreck and completely unwatchable due to the delivery of the Reggie and co-horts. Amateur hour beyond the news, no sincerity in any delivery of news or other info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. > Mibach is Walter Cronkite compared to Reggie Aqui.

      Oh God, YES, that's so true.

      Delete
  2. Gasia wasn't on today it was Ally Rasmus. I like Mike and Gasia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. The desk looks less logo and more botched sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up with the audio issues (volume levels) on their 7pm news broadcast on KTVU plus? One reporter will be soft, the other will be super loud, and then the news clips will be at another volume. It's like they have their interns working the control board and they have no idea what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete