Monday, June 29, 2020

Pat Thurston Appointment Listening at KGO Radio

RICH LIEBERMAN 415 MEDIA: Rothmann, Thurston Loyalty Pays Off ...
Pat Thurston

PAT THURSTON --a KGO staple (Monday -Friday Noon-3 PM) and a supreme talk and radio host who gets better by the day. How much so? It's all in the numbers and raw data. And Thurston has become KGO's de facto number one broadcaster.

KGO, like other broadcast stations, keeps internal memos and collects information --good, bad and indifferent, about its personnel --Thurston elicits the most feedback and it's all very good and positive. And more importantly to KGO, a significant amount of that feedback ia from women, a key radio demo.

Even Thurston's bad feedback --and that's a majority of people who hate her politics (left-leaning) are quite vocal but still listen to her and although they very much disagree with her views, they still listen and they love duking it out with her; in radio, that's always a winner and Thurston's huge numbers brings all that out.

Just a few years ago I was not a Pat Thurston fan and I personally find it remarkable that she's become appointment listening.

5 comments:

  1. Rich you must not be reading the feedback from your listeners. Folks don't like her talk show style, politics aside. I for sure dislike her politics, as I did those of Bernie Ward and Ray Taliaferro, On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best. I'd rate Ray a 9, Bernie a 6 and Pat a 2 at best, as to must listen radio. she bore me to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not interesting. I agree with her politics and I'm the first one to tell you. Rich is basically saying "try this great spaghetti with butter!" because he hasn't had italian food in 10 years. That's all this is. The whole stations is tragic and the people running it don't care.

      Delete
  2. Usually, when we think of the word "blowhard", we think of a man. But I'm including the obnoxious Pat Thurston. I realize it's her job, but she talks too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat does this thing where she winds herself up into an emotional frenzy and starts shouting and sounds on the verge of tears. I can't listen to it. When it happens, and it always does, off to another station.
    I would tell her the same thing I would tell Nikki: speak you mind clearly and slowly, state your case, then take some calls. Don't rant at us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone sounds good when you know Blowhard Chip is up next. What a pathetic excuse for a human being he is.

    ReplyDelete