Sunday, June 7, 2020

No Joy in Other's Misery




Layoffs At Millennial-Focused Media Companies: Is Anybody ...


We have to talk. (Don't we always?)

Some of you seem to think I enjoy writing about people's misery. Namely, those who get let go, laid off, furloughed, fired. I do not. I shall try to explain.

Painful as it is and to live out, layoffs are news. I don't feel any joy in writing about someone else's misfortune. I believe in that word, karma. It'll come around and bite you in the ass so if I were really joyful in reporting about another person's misery, I'd get it back thrown my way. Easily. That's not my M.O. here.

I write about layoffs (CBS,  for example), because it's news. And it's news that, negative that it is, is news nonetheless. It sucks to have to write stuff like layoffs but it has to be posted because it ultimately will effect the product and that's news too.

I repeat that there's no joy on my end writing about layoffs. I myself have been on that end and it's no fun. And even those people that can't stand me, if they themselves get cut, that sucks. I don't wish anyone's livelihood going up in smoke, that would be pure evil and pettiness --I'm not that big a jerk, yet.

Trust me.

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of people who need to be laid off. VDLC is back to doing web fluff pieces from home about the protests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could improve their bottom line so much if they handed her her walking papers. Either she is really good at swallowing or she's got photos of something very embarrassing.

      Delete
  2. Karma is a Hinduism and Buddhism belief. Thought you were Jewish. Can't be both with conviction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sure co workers are resentful VDLC gets such hand held treatment . Something Isn’t right . There are layoffs and she isn’t one of them ? Someone explain THAT ! No respect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get rid of Veronica De La Cruz, she can go back from where ever state she came from begging her ex to support her child.

    ReplyDelete