Monday, December 16, 2019

Everything's Complicated --NBC Bay Area's Laura Garcia


Image result for laura garcia cannon nbc


LAURA GARCIA: A complicated woman. And that's not a knock. I like Garcia; have an inordinate amount of respect for her, She knows that. You know that now if the NBC Bay Area  morning anchor didn't know already.

Life is sort of fragile these days don't believe me? Look outside the window and when you're having a second martini, take a break and smell the roses.

 Because I can write unabated and not have to worry about the consequences, I'll be frank with you all, not that I haven't been otherwise.

Which is why you come here.

Laura and her ex, Brent Cannon had a tumultuous divorce. Kids were involved. It got ugly, don't they all?

Laura doesn't like me much because it appeared that my writing seemed to get personal and it made her feel uncomfortable which wasn't the intention, then and now. Much as her appearance alone elicited a lot of reaction I have to say in my case I know that whole thing can be very discomforting in today's cyber world. Especially for a woman with a multitude of things on her mind-- family, work, the likes. I'm not suggesting Garcia is suffering --she's doing pretty well, I can imagine --that said,  money doesn't buy happiness.

They have a lot on their mind, these anchors and reporters. Like the rest of us, they suffer from daily life and working. Sure, they have some physical comfort but there's an enormous amount of pressure on them and they have to balance both their personal and professional life. In Garcia's case it's a double-edged sword.

5 comments:

  1. Are you suggesting Laura and Brent will be getting back together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking a "cease and desist" letter from one of Laura's lawyers reached him.

      Delete
  2. So, Rich, are you saying the relief from the tumult is showing in her recent news broadcasts? If so, that would be very impressive, if your previous posts about the KNTV newsroom were any indication. And it also sounds like she and KNTV staff cleared as much air as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a public figure, hence you open yourself to a barrage of compliments and other opinions. If you don't like what people say or post about you, then you have 2 choices... Quit or get some thicker skin.

    ReplyDelete