Monday, April 22, 2019

When Mueller Report Was Released KGO Radio Put On Highly Insufferable Maureen Langan. Where Was Christine Craft?

Image result for Christine Craft KGO
Christine Craft
THE OTHER DAY --after the Mueller Report was released and the AG, Bill Barr held his ridiculous news conference--I LISTENED to the various hosts on KGO; they were adequate if a bit out of the loop but overall they did a good job gauging local public opinion.


At night, I TUNED INTO A DISASTER.


Maureen Langan, the comedienne from Jersey, KGO's idea for a host that can handle politics, was in for vacationing John Rothmann.


TWO THINGS: One, Langan as a comedienne isn't funny; isn't funny on radio. Secondly, Langan is embarrassingly empty on the subject of politics as was evident when she was on the air that night. It was dreadfully and comically horrible. An unintentional cackle from me: while interviewing some political pundit, Langan said "when the 'Senate impeaches,..." Well of course, it's the HOUSE that impeaches not the Senate (don't get me started)


WHERE WAS Christine Craft? Matter of fact, why have we not heard Craft on radio lately and KGO specifically. She would have been far more effective and legitimate and moreover, Craft knows her stuff and makes Langan look like the buffoon she is and I'm being kind,.


Craft can be harsh and aggressive on-air but she's a great radio talk-show host. She's biting and mean and can be short with callers. She's not exactly Mary Poppins and I'm the first to say she can be downright arrogant. But guess what? When she's doing a show, it moves along and is crisp and coherent. When Craft senses stupidity and BS, she doesn't back down and puts her foot down. It can be a jolt, but damn it makes for great radio. While I have had my issues with Christine, I've never faulted her when it comes to her KGO work.



Image result for maureen langan kgo
Maureen Langan
She's brash and outspoken. She's slightly pit bull on the air but there's times when someone needs to take control and Craft has that nailed to the max.


I don't know if her take-no-prisoners persona has caused her to be shunned by KGO brass but I'm betting it has affected her fill-in work and that's a shame because I like listening to her on the radio.


Oh, and she's 110 thousand times better than the insufferable Maureen Langan.


But that's life in the big city I guess.

16 comments:

  1. Yup. I've always liked Craft. I'm a 70 yr old guy, and while I'm sure my daughter will do the same, I always admired her care for her Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, I just saw this. That doggie I'm pictured with is one of the Michael Vick pit bulls, Hector. He was my guest on KGO and he fell asleep in my arms. I have lovely boobs, but I disconnected by ISDN line a couple of years ago. Paying for that connection as AT&T raised rates precipitously, when I wasn't getting any shows became prohibitive, quickly. I could not then, not could I now do "lifestyle" radio. It would be great to get back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss hearing your voice on KGO. Aren't ISDN lines cheap, like less than $ 50/mo.

      Delete
    2. No; ISDN lines *used* to be priced like that, but the telcos have decided they don't want to support them any more so they have quintupled the price and made them almost impossible to order.

      These days the radio stations are using Internet codecs for remote broadcasts from home studios. @Christine, look into "Comrex" compatible encoders like this one.
      https://www.bswusa.com/Codecs-Comrex-BRIC-Link-II-P11106.aspx

      If you do pursue this, coordinate with the engineering dept. at the station to make sure you buy a compatible one. Come to think of it, if the radio station wants you to work, they may PROVIDE one and come out and install it; there is precedent.

      Delete
  3. Christine and her crack legal aide, Kim Kardashian, have been very busy lately, getting ready to begin the Bernie Ward Presidential Pardon case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grow up. I can see why Trump loves the uneducated. You're his poster boy.

      Delete
  4. To be fair, Langan says she prefers non-controversial program topics. "Hanging w/Langan" and all. She was doing a fill-in job, so it's no surprise she wasn't willing to approach the Mueller Report release forcefully. I presume Mr Rothmann will have a lot more forceful stuff to say on the Mueller report on his subsequent shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Langon but Craft is the bomb. Always loved her show. She is a lethal debater and not only does not suffer fools, she eviscerates them, with effortless haste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. havent heard craft before, but is maureen langan brought to us by the same "stable geniuses" that brought us the pretend "chef" who makes a mockery of himself every weekend, guess its how much sucking up you can do at kgo to get ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe Christine is a few years past 70 - I recall she was hit by a car some years ago, and I suspect her health may possibly be preventing her from "working" - i.e., being on KGO's air. She also passed the bar rather late in life - perhaps she's involved in her legal work? Just guesses - but it really would be nice to have her back on KGO - hope she's well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words, catlady. I'm 74, have reached full geezerhood, still swimming a mile a day, and finishing a documentary about ten really, really nasty deaths up the road in gold country. We've( w/ two top private investigators) been working on it for the last three years, now in final edit stages. It's true that I could no longer handle the roundtrips twixt sack of tomatoes and the city, but who can, really? There are so many interesting things to yack about these days. I wouldn't vote for Donnie, Joe, or Bernie and with good reason. We geezers know stuff and aren't afraid to say it.

      Delete
  8. Never warmed up to Maureen Langdon, even Ethan Bearman was better. I always listened to Christine Craft, and although I agree with some of your points Rich, I agree she was a good talk show host.

    P.S. Christine, KGO no longer do "life style shows" that is why Ethan Bearman went from unlistenable to listenable, that is why Pat and John now have their own 3 hour show. So while appreciate and understand that you have moved on, I too would love to hear you again on KGO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Age discrimation???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age discrimination statutes re: the workplace only protect you if you are between 40-70.... Interestingly, for the nation's top job, there are several candidates my age or older. I'm high on three much younger candidates, at least at the moment.

      Delete
  10. Does anyone know if the 'Happiest Gardener' is still on the air?
    I think he used to be on KSFO or KGO. Sunday mornings. I used to listen to the Fix-It Brothers (name forgotten), then Rabbi Lapin then the Gardener. He used Tiny Tim's Tip Toe Through the Tulips as his theme song. After 2011, when all my favorite shows began to disappear or the schedule as scrambled, I lost track of him.

    ReplyDelete