Thursday, April 18, 2019

Martin Applies Power Play Over Newcomer Kyla Grogan; KTVU Weather Guru Paranoid Over Her Popularity And Presence; 415 Media Exclusive

Image result for Grogan KTVU
Kyla Grogan
 KTVU WEATHER DRAMA; Bill Martin Power Play; Aces out Kyla Grogan; 415 Media Exclusive Presence




A full-fledged Power Play is taking place on the KTVU Weather domain and it's not a very pretty picture.


Veteran Bill Martin has been reading the tea leaves; his weather acumen has been devalued and he's become more sensitive and a little paranoid to the max--to what degree you ask?

Try this on for size.


I'VE LEARNED Martin is uber-weary of newcomer Kyla Grogan to the point of him (Martin) making sure Grogan's growing stature at KTVU become limited.


It was Bill Martin himself that brought Grogan (last stint: Weather Channel) in to freelance because he was tired of working extra shifts when anyone from weather took a day off.  One month turned into many but the capable and leggy Grogan was a little too popular on social media and with Martin's co-anchors and producers for comfort, so he made sure her stint was not longer.

He's much happier with the much less leggy (5ft tall personality-devoid, Mark Tamayo, filling in for him.  It's also why he keeps Rosemary Orozco on mornings as far away from his shows as possible.

Image result for Bill Martin KTVU
Bill Martin

Expect to see Tamayo and Orozco working mornings and night in the same day when one of them takes a day off.

But not King Bill.

An industry source tells me he's taking bets on Grogan showing up at KGO as their desire to knock KTVU off the top continues.

An aside: I asked a station source at Channel 2 if Martin has that kind of power.

His response:

"As long as they stay #1, yes, he does."



#415 MEDIA EXCLU

10 comments:

  1. I don't watch ktvu, but if I did, I would ratber tune in to see kyla tban Bill. She's much easier on tbe eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to KNBR anymore or watch local news but he went on the Tolbert show on Fridays a few yeats ago, maybe he still does but I shut it off, what a bore !!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kyla. Nothing to do with her legginess, she's just a better presenter, stays focused, doesn't ramble off with silly digressions that are then repeated over and over every fifteen seconds. Martin is starting to remind me of a cross between an absent-minded professor and Rainman. ("One and a quarter inches of rain for Oakland...that's a lot of rain. One and a quarter inches sure is a lot of rain. That's one and a quarter inches. A lot...Wow, it was wet. Rain sure is wet. That's because each drop is filled with humidity. One and a quarter inches of rain for Oakland... "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he'll take her for family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Bill. And Steve (Paulson). And Mark (Tamayo). So, there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually enjoy watching Bill. I can see why he isn't for everyone, but since his family has lived here for generations, he often can offer stories and comments about the history of our area I don6 think I would ever hear otherwise.

    Actually, I think all of the meteorologists on ktvu are quite good...even if I find Steve a bit grouchy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, they're ALL great! I hope they keep Kyla on the team as more than just fill in. She does a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I've loved about the KTVU crew is their professionalism Bill sometimes gets off target but he is always enthustiac about his work that more than makes up for it. Kayla has a nice on-air personality, I agree. Frankly, she seemed more interested in becoming THE personality and including enough T & A like "weather girls" used to to that it put me off.

    BTW if you think she was a favorite of the anchors you certainly didn't see a hysterical on air enounter between her an an anchor who clearly wanted nothing to do with her!

    I'm sure she has a place and some love her. If she would focus on being a pro instead of too much of the "other" stuff I might have really liked her. There is hope and we will see how she ends up.

    Bill? If he has ego problems it's certainly hidden with his on air personality. Honestly I like ALL of them and mostly enjoy their efforts to give us the WEATHER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not worthy of Kyla Grogan. She belongs on national TV. No way she stays in the bay. She's a superstar.

      Delete