Thursday, September 28, 2017

Dear Allen Martin

Dear Allen:

I've been sort of harsh to you and I completely understand your reluctance to read this but I hope you do because I know you love reading this site; it's sort of an acquired taste but you get it and that's good. We're on common ground.

OK, so...



'
Al, I've always acknowledged you're a pretty damn good newsman and reader. I respect your credentials and applaud your niftiness; clearly, you're worthy of the gig at PIX and even though you come off, sometimes, as a very terse and angry man, you definitely walk the walk and talk the talk.

But Allen, listen to me, smile more often. Be a little warm and fuzzy every now and then --you don't have to be Mr. Happy but a bowl of sunshine would be awesome, not only to you, but your viewers. Believe me (where have I heard that?), I know most of the booster club. Granted, KPIX is a little down and out, but hey, Al, you can change that. You're their star. They need you to step it up a notch. That part is a little more Inside Baseball and consultant shit but I'll save you the aggravation and give you million dollar advice: BE HAPPY. Don't BE SAD-LOOKING. It makes you look like an angry, bitter guy like me and that's not cool --you have a lot of years there. I know the drill. I also know about the very nice things you do; you contribute; you're very generous with your time for charity. Al, you're a good man and a pretty decent anchor. So chill. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain and you got it courtesy of me, completely comped. What a helluva bonanza. Peace, Allen.


Rich@415Media 
Image result for put on a happy face





3 comments:

  1. Allen Martin...any realation to Dean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Shit! You are being NICE to Allen! It's about time. He's a great guy. I work with him often and I've never had any of the negative reactions towards him or his word that you've had. He's hard-working and professional. Glad to see you recognize that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, giving solid advice about anchor on-air behavior used to be the job of wise and seasoned management....They are gone...and the viewers (and talent) suffer.

    ReplyDelete