Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday Noshes; Comments; Stan and the Ass Man; 415 Media Needs Your Help, $eriously

Image result for Brunch in SF scene SATURDAY NOSHES

It never occurred to me that I would draw some characters here; some sort of funny and clever, some not so funny and not that clever at all.

"Stan" makes me laugh --I know he's been banned at a lot of sites in the Bay Area. But he's really no harm and at times, he cracks me up but then again, I have a warped sense of humor. Sometimes, Stan gets carried away and becomes obnoxious (like me) but overall he's good for a few laughs when the coffee is mud and the vodka is shaken, not stirred.

*The "ASS" guy I haven't quite figured out; he's definitely consistent and goes overtime way too much but his (I'm assuming he's a guy) humor is very wry if occasionally of poor taste. That said, I like him but like Stan, he doesn't know how to pick his timing or poison.

Several of you readers have complained --and I hear you--over the characters like Stan and the Ass man. For now, I'm on board but I'll use my editor skills and be more selective of their comments.

*Speaking of comments, YES, I do selectively choose what comments make the blog and comments that do not. Some of you berate me for "censoring" some comments. I said back then and I'll say now this is not a democracy here, it's a dictatorship --I don't mind, in fact, I encourage comments that disagree with my takes, but NO, heck no, will I post personal comments that are demeaning to me and/or my family. Censorship? Fine. Call it what you want.

"But Rich, you rip people every day --that's not demeaning?" --Fair point. But I usually rip people based on their style of reporting, anchoring, demeanor, etc. It can be mean but it's not personal. There are those of you that think I have some agenda --yeah, for the most part, I can't stand the state of Bay Area Media and you find it amusing (many of you at least) that I go after the lizards. By doing so I risk the wrath and venom some of them throw my way but it comes with the territory. I get it.

But you know what? No matter what I do, what I write, I'm still going to get slammed so what difference does it make? You all want positive this, positive that, yet the positive posts get fewer eyes. It's the rude shit and honesty that draws attention, I'm not breaking any news here. I've used this analogy --how many people slow down on the freeway to look at the accident and see if there's blood and a dead body--we'll, welcome to my blog, 415 Media.

*Speaking of which, I CANNOT keep this site going on mere Google advertising --I need your help, your financial help. My site keeps getting bigger and bigger; thousands of new readers every week. But as I grow my donations and subscriptions are not where they should be in order for me to keep going.

You want to rip me for "begging" for donations, be my guest. I need to survive. It's called making a living and in order to keep 415 Media sustainable, I urge you all; at least some of you to become a PAID SUBSCRIBER; If just a small sample size of you folks that read and enjoy 415 Media, were to become paid subscribers, like a hundred or so, then the pledge breaks would go away and I could breathe a little. It's that simple. A paid subscription costs $25 a year--about 2 bucks a month --that's not a big deal these days, heck how much do you pay for cable and your smart phone? I rest my case.

To those of you that have subscribed and/or donated to my site, I thank you and have said so in e-mail replies, you are my life blood and it is YOU that have helped me keep this all going, I apologize for the occasional pledge breaks but without cash, I'm history. (And some people would just as soon want to see that happen anyway but curiously, they keep coming here, what a coincidence)

I've fought off putting up a pay wall because I know there are those of you that are dealing with tough times and just making enough to pay your bills. Then again there are those of you that can afford a couple bucks a month --then allow me to continue to provide you the Media News and Commentary you look forward to --news and Inside information that you won't see or hear anywhere else.

BE A PAID SUBSCRIBER to 415 MEDIA: Click on the PayPal Icon on the right side of the page and become a member today. I will call /e-mail you personally thanking you for your contribution.
ALL transactions are completely anonymous and confidential and you do not have to have a PayPal account to make a donation or subscribe.

Thanks.





14 comments:

  1. I like Stan & the Ass Guy...in doses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan and the Ass man post's are why I don't donate. I enjoy your take on the media but the post's of a deranged mind and a 12 year old spoil the flow of the comments.

    Just mu 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Stan and the Ass Man": The biggest Anglo rap group since Third Bass...

      Pop goes the weasel and the weasel goes pop...

      Delete
  3. I like new and improved Stan. ASS man can get GTFO. He is one reason I won't donate. Ever. The other one is the arbitrary nature in which comments get posted. I wrote that Channel 7's new set would be "lipstick on a pig." Rich didn't post it, but ASS guy's lame shit makes the cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. Some of the choices as to what he posts of mine seem arbitrary and capricious, but it is his blog.

      Delete
  4. I stomach Stan.
    I ignore Ass.
    I miss Christine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chased Christine away; she doesn't post under her name anymore & only posts anonymously now.

      Delete
    2. Sheila "Feel the Bern"-steinAugust 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM

      No shit!


      East Bay JAPs for Trump 2016!

      Delete
  5. 2 more votes for Stan & The Ass Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Christine's attorney's posts Please keep his posts, along with Christine's! By the way, isn't she also an attorney? I heard that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HATE that ASS guy!!!!! Please keep censoring him!! Your blog is better than that. I tell everyone that the thing I like least about this site is that ASS guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear that the "ass" guy is really a college-aged female in Tiburon. It seems she's been bragging about it to friends of my daughter. That's just a tip in case you're trying to find out who is doing it.

    ReplyDelete