Tuesday, May 11, 2010

KSFO runs Fresno radio content; the Tuesday am media pulse

  • KSFO RUNS CONTENT FROM FRESNO RADIO STATION


Jerry Del Colliano is a respected radio analyst who reports that KSFO is running local content from a Fresno radio outlet, (KMJ) Lots of news and traffic. Humn.

Not surprising given KMJ, like, KSFO is owned by lean-minded Citadel, which is trying to emerge out of bankruptcy in a NY court.

I love this quote from Colliano's "Inside Music" blog:

“As I was reading today's "Inside Music Media" article, KSFO-San Francisco, is on in the background. When the 8:30 am bottom of the hour news came on, I hear the call letters "KMJ-Fresno". That's right I'm in the bay area listening to local news, traffic, weather, commentary and commercials from a Fresno radio station. San Francisco, the 4th largest market in the country, and KSFO simulcast their morning programming from a Fresno talk station. Is it any wonder KSFO's ratings are tanking”.

How sad.

This radio station used to to be the hallmark audio institution that employed the greats like Lon Simmons, Don Sherwood and Gene Nelson.

Its call letters were synonymous with some of the greatest outlets in the biz and its now been reduced to rubble and I'm not even going to talk about its programming.

Its no longer the "World's greatest radio station."

**Follow me on Twitter



BRAG DEPT: Yesterday's two big stories; the Dallas Braden appearence on David Letterman, and the Cal Bear football temporary move to AT&T Park for the 2011 season were are exclusively broken here, but a few of the on-line sites failed to credit. Oh well, tough life kid.

**SF Chronicle and SF Gate editor/writer,  Vlae Kershner, and his wife both attended the Braden perfect game at the Coliseum on Sunday.





**SUPPORT MY ADVERTISERS!!

**TIPS: Send to rich.lieberman@gmail.com

**ADVERTISE ON 'RICH LIEBERMAN 415 MEDIA: rich.lieberman@gmail.com
 
  • Watch for my upcoming appearences on MSNBC












5 comments:

  1. Sorry Rich, but Jerry's story is wrong. And KMJ isn't owned by Citadel. The reason the ratings are tanking is they're playing conservative talk to one of the most liberal markets in the country. They also have a terrible signal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry did not report contacting KSFO for comment or to confirm this story. I listened to KSFO on the Internet this morning and only heard KSFO references. New Yorkers think Jerry's informant had their radio tuned to 50KW 580 (KMJ) instead of 5KW 560. Both station carry Rush Limbaugh from 9 AM - 12 Noon. Kindly update your post if Jerry's report was in error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KSFO usually lands in the top 6 to 10 in ratings. it is not in any way shape or form 'hurt' becuase it is in a 'liberal' market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Owe Citadel An Apology
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010

    By Jerry Del Colliano

    Yesterday, I wrote a commentary about Citadel using content from Peak's KMJ, Fresno on its KSFO in San Francisco.

    As I pointed out in my piece, Fresno news, weather and even traffic was allegedly being aired in San Francisco unfiltered.

    This info came from a radio man -- a good one at that -- with no horse in the Bay Area race who made an honest mistake.

    He explains:

    "I discovered that an error was made and that my AM in home non-digital studio radio was picking up a multi path of KMJ right next to the KSFO frequency. I live in Marin County and it just didn’t dawn on me that I could pick up a Fresno station in the middle of the day. I had checked my studio radio several times since I was bewildered by such a simulcast, but unfortunately I didn’t pick up on the discrepancy. I sincerely apologize ..."

    So for those of you who wrote to say Fresno station content on a Bay Area station was unbelievable were right!

    I apologize to VP/GM Mickey Luckoff and the folks at Peak, owners of KMJ. (By the way, no one made a demand for an apology or retraction which says a lot about them as well).

    ReplyDelete
  5. when will this story be corrected on this website??? (same headline and story as of 7AM, 5/12/10) Do readers have to scroll down to the comments section to get the real story?

    ReplyDelete