Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bay Area Football oddity; No teams home this weekend


For the first time ever, (at least in my unscientific research) there will be NO football, pro or college, in the Bay Area this weekend.

On the NFL side, the Raiders will be in San Diego and the 49Er's go to Indy to play the mighty Colts.

Cal will be in Arizona on Saturday and Stanford has a bye.


So, no football. Call your wife or girlfriend. Girls, call your buds. Make love. Get a turkey sandwich at Tommys joynt and think of the good old days when Kenny Stabler or Joe Montana were heaving TD passes to Cliff Branch and Jerry Rice.

Better yet, watch me sing karaoke on Halloween night at Egberts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a visit, with my 21 year old daughter, to the Sinoloa taco trucks at 22nd Ave and Int'l. (the order is 2 each cabeza, lengua, and al pastor tacos),park the car at BART, ride across the Bay to a stop in to the SF Library's punk exhibit, then the Asian Art Museum, and finally noodles, either Asian or Italian somewhere to end the day.

    For the first time in 40+ years I have not had the Raiders on my radio or TV for three, going on four, weeks straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put a plug in here for my favorites: The Cal women have a volleyball match Friday and Saturday both at 7 PM at Haas pavillion.

    ReplyDelete