Monday, June 1, 2020

Morning Radio BS Mayhem on Bay Area Airwaves --'Armstrong and Getty' on KSFO; Nikki Medoro on KGO; 'Smurph and Smack' on KNBR; Mike Gallagher on 860 AM

Usual BS - About | FacebookTHE USUAL BS FROM THE USUAL SUSPECTS...

*On the abysmal "AArmstrong and Getty" program, the gruesome twosome opened their program (heard on KSFO from 6-10 AM) with the fact that, "so many of the protesters were 'thugs."--what an original thought. How unique, quite invigorating to the white supremacist crowd that is cozy home to these vanilla wafers out of Sacramento who are about as sanguine as a rotten week-old kumquat. Maybe a word in their opening 10-min diatribe about George Floyd? Not a word which should give you all you need to know about the BS that is Armstrong and Getty, the worst of the west with fake laughs and transparent BS.

Behind the Scenes Tour with Armstrong & Getty - YouTube
Armstrong and Getty
The Morning Show with Nikki Medoro | KGO-AM
Nikki Medoro
* Nikki Medoro's continued gagfest on KGO --Medoro continued her usual lecturing and naivete at that. Her breathless wailing and sophomoric yarns have reached a tipping point: beyond the scope. If she truly wanted to become a relevant voice in his town, she squandered it mercifully on Monday with dumb meanderings on police brutality and police conduct. Medoro said at one point, "I don't know a lot of 'police', but then a sentence later, 'I know a lot of 'law enforcement'", huh? It is painful enough to listen to her yenta style but when she's making inane statements to boot? Unintentional laughter.

*The morning bozos on thee sports bleeder began their artificial radio encampment with phony sympathy for the word within, first schmuck to second schmuck: "Are you OK, Powlie?" As if the guy from yokel with the fake Jersey accent, was in harm's way.  "Be safe, Powlie." --then later on the topper of all toppers, a quick chat with "Mattie", in reality, Matt Maiocco, the 49ers Insider from local NBC Bay Area, who waxed on and on about Colin Kaepernick. Maiocco made some relevant points and it was a fairly interesting interview until, after a good five minutes, Smuph, one of the mutts, asked "Mattie" about George Kittle's contract. Good way to complete context, Murph.

Sports radio talkers snubbed in trade publication's 'Heavy 100 ...
Smack and Smurph
*Right-wing nut case and conservative blowhard, Mike Gallagher, blew his customary wad on 860 AM, Salem Broadcasting, "The Answer."--Gallagher is an unapologetic butt worshiper of Donald Trump. Fine. It's predictable, we know every morning. Gallagher said as much when he told his folks that Trump is great. Every day. Every hour. Even when there's a pandemic and a riot is taking place and the leader of the free world doesn't say a thing and hides in the White House bunker.

21 comments:

  1. "so many of the protesters were 'thugs'."

    ...and? As usual, the observation of a fact is somehow offensive to the ultra liberal psyche...ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already trying to spin it away from the left. Own it.

      Delete
    2. Methinks you're conflating protesters and looters. The looters are thugs. Protesting is a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, which right-wingers pretend to worship whenever the topic is guns but otherwise use as toilet paper.

      Delete
  2. I'm just no longer listening to radio much anymore. For music, I'll stream Pandora or IHeartRadio; or listen to my own library loaded into my iPhone.

    I don't like Medoro on 810. It may be her voice, but it's also the topics. Either I don't care about the topics; or just as likely, it takes a while to hear what is the topic/topics.

    I don't like "Arm-a-Getty" (almost like Armageddon) on 560. I don't like the sound of their voices or their humor attempts.

    I'd rather hear the pure news of 740/106.9 KCBS lately. I want to know what happened in the local area; a bit of world or national happenings; the local weather; the local traffic as I'm often driving somewhere if listening. I certainly don't want to drive into some illegal protest on the highways. It's inconvenient and dangerous to the folks sheltering inside their vehicles.

    Later, I might want to hear some opinion on national topics and tend toward 560's Limbaugh, Savage, and the Jewish guy (can't think of his name right now) who follows Savage; but I've got to be in the mood as the opinions, even if I tend to agree, gets too frustrating.

    I've got my preferences on cable TV news, but that's a national level thing and prefer to limit discussion/comments on this blog to local/Bay Area media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is Ben Shapiro since Savage's show was cut an hour, then it is Mark Levin from 3 to 6 pm. Then Dave Ramsey from 6 to 9 p.m. I listened to his first hour on the Sacramento station, (650 am 3 to 6 p.m.) He was not giving financial advice, but was talking with one of 2 of his employee's, one black. They talked about the protester's, they rioting, and the death of Floyd, it was one of the most reasonable and thoughtful discussion I have heard on the subject, something I believe most of us could learn from. You might want to listen to it on KSFO tonight.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Shapiro, is the fellow I was thinking of and comes on right after the Savage Nation show. Thanks. I'll listen to Levin, too. I'm just unsure what time his show comes on.

      Delete
    3. 6/3/20. Listening to Medoro right now. I'll describe her voice as "whining" with high-to-low tones. It's me. That's the way she talks and it's annoying to me. It's probably my problem. She being anti-Trump doesn't help me like her either.

      Delete
    4. I believe Mark Levin is still on KSFO from 3 to 6 p.m. I don't listen to him, never really have, except for a few minutes here and there.

      Delete
  3. I think the "Jewish" guy is Ben Shapiro, I listened to him a few times, can't stand his voice, but I don't listen to too many conservatives, since I'm more middle of the road. I find Rush much too predictable, and Savage it depends, when he rants and rails, I don't care to listen, when he comes off as more independent and not always praising Trump, I might listen a little. I listen to Tom Sullivan (1530 am Sacramento) although conservative, I find him interesting and he takes calls from listeners that don't agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much longer will Susan Leigh Taylor cover the 10-2 M-F shift on KCBS?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich,
    Love your column but disagree with your assessment of Armstrong and Getty. I think they have the most reasoned approach to issues like the pandemic that I have heard anywhere in the media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe Getty is worth listening and has common sense.
      Jack Armstrong is a complete imbecile.
      His stupid over the top and forced laughter is unbearable.
      Say Armstrong why is everything funny ?
      Do you realize how foolish you sound ?
      Ever heard of restraint ? less is better.
      Makes you year for Murph & Mac.

      Delete
  6. "so many of the protesters were 'thugs."

    I have to disagree with Armstrong and Getty when they say that about downtown Walnut Creek, San Leandro, Bayfair, Home Depot and Walmart on Davis St....and Emeryville the night before.
    You see, it is incorrect to say "most of the protesters were thugs".
    Wrong, because there were no protesters at those locations.
    Just purely thugs...looters...thieves.
    Armstrong and Getty should have clarified their statement regarding those locations.
    Thugs loading up newer SUV's and late model Hondas and Lexus.
    The video pretty much explains it all even when most reporters and especially anchors ignore the obvious in front of their eyes..
    The video needed no clarification as to the "who"...
    Not a protester in sight. Nary a protest sign. Who can carry a sigh when your arms are filled with goods.
    Exception in reporting, KPIX Da Lin, who did some excellent and clear reporting.
    Even using politically incorrect phrases like "scattering like cockroaches" as the thugs ran out of the stores loaded down with merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich you may have missed some of the context on Murph & Mac this morning. One of their friends was killed in a motorcycle accident on Saturday and they referenced that as an addition to the emotional upheaval for them on a personal level. That may have been part of the reason for the "Are you ok...?".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Former NBA star JR Smith beat the living hell of rioter who was vandalizing his car. Smashed it's windows.
    The best part of this story is that JR Smith beat the hell out of some white boy liberal.
    The kind of white boy you find at Google, Twitter or Facebook.
    A wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And how exactly do you know he was a liberal? Was he wearing a sign, do you know him personally? Also how do you know where he works? Is applause the guy (I'm not into sports, so I don't know who he is) that he took action. If someone is vandalizing property, what does his race and political persuasion have to do with anything. Frankly, I think many that break the law are not particular political.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brian Murphy and NIki Medoro, who may or may not know each other, should run away together and open up a string of Amici's..When ol Murph isnt busy making Lary Bear's dinner and doing his laundry he can open several checking accounts from his friends at patelco credit union.. the world's most loveable yenta/housewife niki can bring her out of control kids and husband along and record their wacky adventures of leaving "poop" in the toilet and not cleaning up their rooms..then she can spend four hours with murphy droning on about murphy missing his kids and bringing them along next time..and they can all live happily ever after in the land of make believe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weakarms & Spaghetti are on the air from 6-9, not 6-10. The Big Man (Rush Limbaugh) begins at 9am. I'm not a fan but they are syndicated so somebody must be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use to listen to A&G, they are a mixed bag. There are times where they are very funny, then there are times when they think they are funny, but are not. There are times the do good interviews, other times not so much. There are times where they try to be fair to someone they disagree with, when Obama was President, other times not as much. I haven't listened in several month, I moved and the signal from either KSFO and Sacramento is not very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Because I enjoy listening to A&G, I am now a white supremacist. Silly Rich with the hyperbole. This is why I rarely read you much anymore.

    ReplyDelete