Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I Love Women; Just Not Some 415 Media TV/Radio Women Anchors; Liviakis KRON Goddess Gets Better With Time; Pat Thurston/Rothmann in KGO Holding Pattern; My 'Love' Disclosure

Image result for San Francisco deli people eating I LOVE WOMEN.

Some of the Bay Area Women TV/Radio journalists I can do without, there's a big difference.

The Bay Area used to be a hotbed of distinguished TV and radio anchors and reporters; Rita Williams had a legendary stay at KTVU; Belva Davis is a rock star and helped many women of color make it through the business; Carolyn Johnson, Wendy Tokuda, and Marcia Brandwynne all had significant stints in Bay Area TV News.

Image result for Black Women anchors in TV -Radio silhouettesNowadays, it's pretty much el stinko on the women TV and Radio beat.

I like Pat Thurston at KGO. Ditto Lyanne Melendez at KGO-TV. Melanie Morgan and I don't agree on politics that much but I love Mel as a broadcaster. Christine Craft makes me uncomfortable at times but I would listen to her on a radio talk show in a nanosecond. I love Cheryl Hurd, Carolyn Tyler and Christin Ayers, but they're all exceptions.

Most of the women talent in the Bay Area are marginal at best. Too many amateurs now who can't report, can't ad-lib, are generally lousy and disgusting to listen and watch but that's just me.


Image result for pam moore kron 4
Vicki Liviakis
I don't think I'm alone.


*I can't say enough about KRON stalwart Vicki Liviakis continues to flourish and get better and better as she ages. "Ages?" Almost sounds ludicrous but Liviakis is still stunning and magnificent to observe. Yes, she's a beautiful news anchor --a sight to behold, and that's just being honest. Of course she's a gifted journalist and knows her craft --I'd love to see her on Monday thru Friday.

*Thurston and fellow KGO talk host, John Rothmann, continue to be in a holding pattern. Nothing permanent on the horizon as KGO management won't proceed with a formal nighttime schedule--my gut tells me they don't have enough money and that they're trying to buy time. Either way, it's most frustrating for both listeners and hosts alike. Look for a decision by the beginning of March, another hunch.

*NOTE TO READERS: As a matter of policy if I were to have a relationship with a Bay Area TV woman news journalist I would disclose such an arrangement. IT'S NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST if I open it--on the other hand, if I kept it private I would be withholding important information to you, THE READERS.

Image result for Sexy women TV anchor silhouetteI will have no other formal comment.

23 comments:

  1. Are you saying you and Jan Wahl are going public ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan Wahl? I just barfed in my mouth.

      I think Rich would shoot himself first!

      Delete
    2. Jan Wahl is about what Rich could get. Believe me.

      Delete
    3. I just googled "ugliest local television news woman" and look who is #6 in the search results? Someone Rich mentioned in this blog posting.

      Delete
  2. And news directors wonder why nobody watches TV anymore. It's quicker to read what you want online and to not be subject to amateur hour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Ronn is not being supportive of the Thurston Rothman deal. I also really believe that he instigated having Berman as a sub rather than the Thurston Rothman duo because he didn't want people to compare them (mainly John) to his show and opinions...knew they would outshine him.
    And, what happened to Christine...couldn't they have her as sub rather than Middleton or , heaven help us,
    the chef? I don't agree with her on many topics, but she is bright and well spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thurston and Rothman are boring. There's a good reason why they were third-string in the old KGO days. They can't hold an audience. They both have limited abilities. Each of them have just one subject they like (Thurston, alt-left politics; Rothman, the presidency) and they're lost when anything else comes up. It's tedious and they don't get ratings. KGO would be smart to find some new voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. or Mrs. 1:10PM, please take some time off from your job (if you have one). Get lots of rest. You are a few steps from going to Napa State Hospital.

      Delete
    2. What this guy said!!

      Delete
    3. I was agreeing with 1:10, not the liberal at 2:32.

      Delete
    4. 1:10 - We've seen what they've come up with in "new voices"- Drex? Langon? Bearman? Franklin? All putrid. This is a company that's run like it's out of Napa State. Funny how pre-cum-u-less holdovers Rothmann and Thurston are the lone bright spots...though they can never compare to the last great KGO hosts like Bernie and Ray.

      Delete
  5. I'd put Catherine Heenan in the long and distinguished career category. Professional, and pleasant.

    I've had the chance to speak with Rita Williams. VERY nice lady, and indeed a pioneering and legendary reporter. I was a regular KTVU news viewer back in the day, especially on the weekends. Still miss Leslie Griffith's anchoring, field reporting, and good natured presence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to how Catherine Heenan laughs. It is monosyllabic utterance of the sound "ha". As in "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha" Weird.

      Delete
    2. "It is monosyllabic utterance of the sound "ha". As in "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha""...

      So, she's Elmer Fudd in a pants suit?

      Delete
  6. i enjoyed listening to Mel on KSRO morning news before she left in late December. it was a bit nostalgic when Officer Vic would chip in with the traffic...it reminded me of the good old KSFO days with the great Lee Rodgers at the helm. thanks Rich for bagging the last interview that Lee ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you love that VLDC hair flip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair flipping, rubbing of her own arms, and "corner of the eye" looks (when she turns her head to the right while reading the news).

      Delete
  8. Has Christine lost her posting privileges on your website?
    She never calls, she never writes. Not even an indulgent Emoticom like Cher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rich, you like music with melody and a solo singer, right?
    I read your headline and saw the word 'Woman'. When you can, take a moment and listen to John Lennons' song with that same title "Woman", from his last album Double Fantasy. I have always loved it. After his trainwreck of a personal life, John was still capable of simple gems like this one. It's completely beautiful and makes the sweetest ear worm Evah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little harsh saying his life was a train wreck. The fact that his life was snuffed out tragically denied us all what would have continued to be a beautiful life to witness, one we all could, and did, learn from, listen to, smile at, and thoroughly enjoy. The train wreck was his death not his life.

      Delete
  10. Mr. Millenium Tower, JrFebruary 15, 2017 at 4:25 PM

    I love women, too! That Natasha - hubba hubba eeoww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millennium Tower, SrFebruary 15, 2017 at 5:42 PM

      Son, I've tried to show you a million times how to spell your last name.

      Delete