Morning Coffee TV/Radio Bullet Points
1. KTVU: Reporter a day...Managing Editor still tweeting American Idol dumb stuff, not to mention geographically-challenged Bay-to-Breakers history...behind the scenes, senior reporters future up in area and oh yes, a News Director, the boy wonder, that has zero cred with rank and file. (Psst, hire Sinkovitz!)
2. KRON: They go to work --get in and out and do their best. Still a gargantuan amount of uncertainty --new spread at 900 Front has better coffee over 1001 Van Ness, but no Tommy's Joynt...Looks like interim GM has the job if he wants it. Darya is happy and Pero is Pero.
3. KNTV: Everybody seems to be happy although new personnel moves have people a bit nervous...The Bunker lady, according to some of the toes, is in over her head...Hey John Mitchell, lighten up and buy the troops lunch. They're working hard and you don't smile enough...Some sandwiches at Togo's does wonders. And screw potato chips, extra diet coke and cookies.
4. KGO-TV: Carolyn Johnson's last day is Friday so the mood is bittersweet --expect a lot of emotions on the 6 and 11 casts --Tracey, like John Mitchell, SMILE! Have a chat. Tell staff you appreciate the hard work, even Wayne--buys a lot of good will and holds off impending Disney purge at the end of the year, see Spence and Cheryl.
5. KPIX: What's with the new guy that looks like he just got out of high-school? Leave it to Beaver invades 855 Battery!...I want more Betty Yu, Juliette Goodrich ---Roby too. Hey, this "mobile weather" gimmick had a shelf life of 2 weeks--enough of the cutesy, viewers know it's simply a live shot with a weather stick...Oh, Veronica? I want to see you, I really do. So whatever the heck is going on, I hope you and the family work it out. The fact that anyone is talking about you should indicate we all care. We like you, we really, really like you...Dan, let's have a hoist at Old Ship and bury the hatchet. Bring Roberta--oh, wait a minute...
*Follow me on Twitter